What did you do today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2015, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2015 06:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: What did you do today?
Woke up, fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across my head.
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup.
And looking up I noticed I was late.
Found my coat and grabbed my hat.
Made the bus in seconds flat.
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke,
Somebody spoke and I went into a dream.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-12-2015, 06:20 PM
(15-12-2015 06:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Woke up, fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across my head.
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup.
And looking up I noticed I was late.
Found my coat and grabbed my hat.
Made the bus in seconds flat.
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke,
Somebody spoke and I went into a dream.

That's one of the first songs I learnt to play on guitar, my dad taught me. Fun song to play.
15-12-2015, 06:29 PM
(15-12-2015 11:23 AM)Marozz Wrote:  I wore a cow mask in work today. Each team in work had to do something christmasy. Someone decided that our team members should play characters from the nativity scene Dodgy

I was to dress up as a cow. I managed to find a nice mask in a fancy dress shop.

[Image: Sn1rLWd.png]

DroolingHeartEvil_monster

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-12-2015, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2015 11:09 PM by Astreja.)
One of the community bands I play in was supposed to have a concert tonight at a seniors' home. Unfortunately, today the city got hit with a fairly substantial snowstorm, and half the band couldn't make it to the gig. (I struggled through massively backed-up traffic and showed up a few minutes late, but did actually get to play.) Technically the gig had been cancelled but the message came through too late, and the ones who got there said "What the heck, let's play anyway." We couldn't do anything major because the percussion section, 80% of the clarinet section and all the trumpets were MIA. Oh, and we didn't have a conductor either but someone stepped in to keep us mostly under control.

We were also supposed to have a party tonight after the show but that got postponed to January, so we had a very small tailgate party in the parking lot after the show because I had a pan of baklava that I had brought along. Drooling

And then I went home and shovelled snow for about an hour.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2015, 01:28 PM
I sliced my thumb open on my dominant hand trying to fix a supply line for a toilet. Typing this is a pain in the ass.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

17-12-2015, 01:29 PM
(17-12-2015 01:28 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I sliced my thumb open on my dominant hand trying to fix a supply line for a toilet. Typing this is a pain in the ass.

Awww! I hope your thumb feels better soon! Hug
17-12-2015, 01:40 PM
(17-12-2015 01:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 01:28 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I sliced my thumb open on my dominant hand trying to fix a supply line for a toilet. Typing this is a pain in the ass.

Awww! I hope your thumb feels better soon! Hug

Thanks! Hug

18-12-2015, 01:28 PM
I baked all AM. Tonight Im going to my sister and BIL adult only excess-mas party. It's deluxe food and drinks, so fun. Trying not to eat my baking so I can have room for the good stuff later.

Also, I will be needing a gym membership with the rest of the new year resolution fanatics. Ha ha.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
18-12-2015, 01:29 PM
(18-12-2015 01:28 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I baked all AM. Tonight Im going to my sister and BIL adult only excess-mas party. It's deluxe food and drinks, so fun. Trying not to eat my baking so I can have room for the good stuff later.

Also, I will be needing a gym membership with the rest of the new year resolution fanatics. Ha ha.

Excess-mas party, love that! Smile
18-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Just this morning in a sleepy town far, far away from most of the world ... I awoke.

I made and had some coffee & croissants while surfing online a bit. I glanced at local theater start times. Took a shower and casually headed out the door.

I kind of expected lines but then, I remembered where I live. 11:30am, massive high definition theater, maybe 2 sets of couples and a couple of random nerds - including me.

It seems The Force Awakens ... when and where you'd least expect it.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein