What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2016, 10:16 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(05-02-2016 09:42 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Fried onion rings, salad

Is that two dishes, or a singular fried onion ring salad?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
05-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Coffee Drinking Beverage

Cheerios and a banana

A small bag of Crunchy Cheetos and a Mountain Dew

Beef stew with bread & butter

Chocolate ice cream

[Image: turkey%2Bhill%2Bdeep%2Bdark%2Bchocolate%...Bquart.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
06-02-2016, 12:54 AM
(05-02-2016 10:16 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 09:42 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Fried onion rings, salad

or a singular fried onion ring salad?

Hmmmmm Consider

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
06-02-2016, 10:36 AM
Yesterday afternoon I did a recipe a bit different. Instead of Ham hocks and beans someone recommended I use pork necks because they are less fatty. So this is the result.

[Image: wOYWP1F.jpg]

I roasted the necks for 45 minutes in a 250 oven which made them freaking awesome and they had lots of meat and nearly no fat. I added vegetable broth, 1 lbs of great northern beans, onion, salt, black pepper, garlic and parsley, the roasted necks and some extra water to fill the crock to 2" blow the top. Cooked them 8.5 hrs on low.

The meats is wonderful but it didn't release as much flavor to the beans as the hocks I normally use. The beans and broth are a bit mild. I think next time I will add 1 hock for the flavor and the necks for the less fatty meat. Really good though and I will be eating this for several days. Toot-toot! Big Grin

Here's a NOTE for anyone using necks: They have smallish bones that can get lost in the soup when the meat starts to fall apart. To keep them altogether use a mesh cooking bag or a square of cheese cloth with the neck bones inside and tied closed with twine. Lets the flavor out but keeps the bones and meat contained. When the soup is done, remove bag, separate meat from bones re-add meat to soup.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
06-02-2016, 10:37 AM
(06-02-2016 12:54 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 10:16 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  or a singular fried onion ring salad?

Hmmmmm Consider

I like the way you think. Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
06-02-2016, 11:12 AM
(06-02-2016 10:36 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yesterday afternoon I did a recipe a bit different. Instead of Ham hocks and beans someone recommended I use pork necks because they are less fatty. So this is the result.

I roasted the necks for 45 minutes in a 250 oven which made them freaking awesome and they had lots of meat and nearly no fat. I added vegetable broth, 1 lbs of great northern beans, onion, salt, black pepper, garlic and parsley, the roasted necks and some extra water to fill the crock to 2" blow the top. Cooked them 8.5 hrs on low.

The meats is wonderful but it didn't release as much flavor to the beans as the hocks I normally use. The beans and broth are a bit mild. I think next time I will add 1 hock for the flavor and the necks for the less fatty meat. Really good though and I will be eating this for several days. Toot-toot! Big Grin

Here's a NOTE for anyone using necks: They have smallish bones that can get lost in the soup when the meat starts to fall apart. To keep them altogether use a mesh cooking bag or a square of cheese cloth with the neck bones inside and tied closed with twine. Lets the flavor out but keeps the bones and meat contained. When the soup is done, remove bag, separate meat from bones re-add meat to soup.

Mmm I love ham hocks and beans I never worry about fat/sugar/salt in food you don't live any longer it just feels like itTongue
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
06-02-2016, 11:33 AM
(06-02-2016 10:36 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yesterday afternoon I did a recipe a bit different. Instead of Ham hocks and beans someone recommended I use pork necks because they are less fatty. So this is the result.

I love beans, but they make me fart at night so I wake myself up..... Tongue I eat them anyway. Shy

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
06-02-2016, 12:06 PM
(06-02-2016 11:33 AM)Dom Wrote:  I love beans, but they make me fart at night so I wake myself up..... Tongue I eat them anyway. Shy

I consider that a benefit. It's great fun. I unload like 3-4 metric tons a night from my meds. I keep records of them. "Whoa, that was a full blown fart for 10 seconds, very impressive." I do have to be careful not to shit myself. Curiously the wife doesn't wake up until about 10 seconds later.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Working on cookies using vanilla frosting in place of the oil/sugar mixture. They're very soft and mouth-melty. So far I've had cookies, cookie dough, and frosting, in reverse order. I'd better make some protein before the sugar crash. :-)
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
06-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Birthday cake.
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post