What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(06-02-2016 11:33 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 10:36 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yesterday afternoon I did a recipe a bit different. Instead of Ham hocks and beans someone recommended I use pork necks because they are less fatty. So this is the result.

[Image: wOYWP1F.jpg]

I roasted the necks for 45 minutes in a 250 oven which made them freaking awesome and they had lots of meat and nearly no fat. I added vegetable broth, 1 lbs of great northern beans, onion, salt, black pepper, garlic and parsley, the roasted necks and some extra water to fill the crock to 2" blow the top. Cooked them 8.5 hrs on low.

The meats is wonderful but it didn't release as much flavor to the beans as the hocks I normally use. The beans and broth are a bit mild. I think next time I will add 1 hock for the flavor and the necks for the less fatty meat. Really good though and I will be eating this for several days. Toot-toot! Big Grin

Here's a NOTE for anyone using necks: They have smallish bones that can get lost in the soup when the meat starts to fall apart. To keep them altogether use a mesh cooking bag or a square of cheese cloth with the neck bones inside and tied closed with twine. Lets the flavor out but keeps the bones and meat contained. When the soup is done, remove bag, separate meat from bones re-add meat to soup.

I love beans, but they make me fart at night so I wake myself up..... Tongue I eat them anyway. Shy

[Image: beano1.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
06-02-2016, 05:08 PM
(06-02-2016 01:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Birthday cake.

Not lembas? Huh

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-02-2016, 06:25 PM
Toast with jam and three coffees made with my new espresso machine. Mmmmmmm. Oh and orange juice.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-02-2016, 06:26 PM
(06-02-2016 06:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Toast with jam and three coffees made with my new espresso machine. Mmmmmmm. Oh and orange juice.

You have a new espresso machine! I'm jealous Drooling I'm flying to Australia from now on to make my almond lattes Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-02-2016, 06:29 PM
(06-02-2016 06:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 06:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Toast with jam and three coffees made with my new espresso machine. Mmmmmmm. Oh and orange juice.

You have a new espresso machine! I'm jealous Drooling I'm flying to Australia from now on to make my almond lattes Wink

It's just one of these, but I buy a great coffee blend at Campos coffee shop. In Australia one must have a GOOD coffee. I've heard it is impossible in the States. All my mates who toured there said they only found one shop in Seattle that makes a half way decent coffee. Apparently Aussies are going over there to open cafes.

[Image: pes-3306_6_cup_espresso_maker_1.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
06-02-2016, 06:30 PM
I've had coffee. Drinking Beverage

A couple of hours ago I realized I hadn't eaten anything today. Gasp

I was busy from the get-go; clearing snow, going to the dump, removing the leaking hydraulic lines from the snowblower, starting to cut up the downed tree, and other stuff.

I'm going to make pepperoni pizza. And then I 'm going to have chocolate ice cream.

All part of a healthy diet. Yes

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-02-2016, 06:31 PM
(06-02-2016 05:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 01:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Birthday cake.

Not lembas? Huh

Let the elves keep their lembas! Besides thats for a long journey. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
06-02-2016, 06:32 PM
(06-02-2016 06:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  I've had coffee. Drinking Beverage

A couple of hours ago I realized I hadn't eaten anything today. Gasp

I was busy from the get-go; clearing snow, going to the dump, removing the leaking hydraulic lines from the snowblower, starting to cut up the downed tree, and other stuff.

I'm going to make pepperoni pizza. And then I 'm going to have chocolate ice cream.

All part of a healthy diet. Yes

Don't forget to have this. Wink

[Image: B003CT2YPU_metamucil_img1_lg._CB363182305_.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-02-2016, 06:35 PM
(06-02-2016 06:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 06:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You have a new espresso machine! I'm jealous Drooling I'm flying to Australia from now on to make my almond lattes Wink

It's just one of these, but I buy a great coffee blend at Campos coffee shop. In Australia one must have a GOOD coffee. I've heard it is impossible in the States. All my mates who toured there said they only found one shop in Seattle that makes a half way decent coffee. Apparently Aussies are going over there to open cafes.

[Image: pes-3306_6_cup_espresso_maker_1.jpg]

I have the identical one, but I use one that works the same way but is a little bigger so I can fill my big mug. Smile It does make nice espresso - minus the foam unfortunately. I love the foam and sometimes I fire up the bigger traditional Espresso machine for that. But most of the time I just stick with the Espresso pot.

When I first came to the States you couldn't get any decent coffee. Or beer. Or cheese. Or bread. Or chocolate. Or..... I was aghast - the wealthiest country in the world had no decent stuff to eat and drink! But, it has changed, you can get top quality of everything now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-02-2016, 06:46 PM
I finally ate a tuna salad sandwich...I hadn't eaten anything other than a small dish of ice cream since Wednesday night.

Stress-starving at it's finest. Undecided

I might make chicken and dumplings tomorrow because I love it and I know I will eat it if it's here. The chili I cooked today was for my husband...he isn't good with stress-starving and has worked for the last 14 days straight and has at least 5 days to go before he gets a day off...I figured I could at least cook something for him.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post