What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
Sauteed spinach, chickpeas and some sunflower seeds on the side, good lunch. I always forget to get onion, but that would be perfect.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
06-02-2016, 08:36 PM
(06-02-2016 06:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 06:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It's just one of these, but I buy a great coffee blend at Campos coffee shop. In Australia one must have a GOOD coffee. I've heard it is impossible in the States. All my mates who toured there said they only found one shop in Seattle that makes a half way decent coffee. Apparently Aussies are going over there to open cafes.

[Image: pes-3306_6_cup_espresso_maker_1.jpg]

I have the identical one, but I use one that works the same way but is a little bigger so I can fill my big mug. Smile It does make nice espresso - minus the foam unfortunately. I love the foam and sometimes I fire up the bigger traditional Espresso machine for that. But most of the time I just stick with the Espresso pot.

When I first came to the States you couldn't get any decent coffee. Or beer. Or cheese. Or bread. Or chocolate. Or..... I was aghast - the wealthiest country in the world had no decent stuff to eat and drink! But, it has changed, you can get top quality of everything now.

The chocolate in the states is awful I saw a programme about chocolate and apparently the reason it tastes so bad to outsiders is that the way its made, which brings out compounds that are more commonly found in vomit. I thought it was a windup at first but apparently not.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-02-2016, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 10:16 PM by carol.)
(06-02-2016 06:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 06:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You have a new espresso machine! I'm jealous Drooling I'm flying to Australia from now on to make my almond lattes Wink

It's just one of these, but I buy a great coffee blend at Campos coffee shop. In Australia one must have a GOOD coffee. I've heard it is impossible in the States. All my mates who toured there said they only found one shop in Seattle that makes a half way decent coffee. Apparently Aussies are going over there to open cafes.

[Image: pes-3306_6_cup_espresso_maker_1.jpg]

I have one like this made out of stainless steel, I love it. I can order good coffee beans online..
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
06-02-2016, 10:13 PM
lots of coffee, theraflu, two pears and vodka.
06-02-2016, 10:34 PM
coffee, eggs and toast for breakfast
whole wheat waffles and raspberries for lunch
chicken and veggies for dinner

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-02-2016, 10:34 PM
(06-02-2016 10:13 PM)carol Wrote:  lots of coffee, theraflu, two pears and vodka.

theraflu? hope you feel better. Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-02-2016, 10:35 PM
(06-02-2016 10:34 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 10:13 PM)carol Wrote:  lots of coffee, theraflu, two pears and vodka.

theraflu? hope you feel better. Hug

Thank you! I will in time
07-02-2016, 12:59 AM
(06-02-2016 08:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  The chocolate in the states is awful ...

You clearly have not tried Dagoba out of Ashland, OR or Tazo out of Somerville, MA.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-02-2016, 01:07 AM
(07-02-2016 12:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 08:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  The chocolate in the states is awful ...

You clearly have not tried Dagoba

Yoda makes chocolate? Guess he had to do something while hiding on that planet.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-02-2016, 01:46 AM
Ghirardelli chocolate is pretty good too. I think they may be a Cali company. And Sees Fudge is pretty big here as well.