What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 11:27 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
Haven't eaten it yet, but I just ordered some chapli kababis from a local Indian/Pakistani place that got a great write-up in the paper a few days ago. They specifically raved about the dish I ordered.

I will report back in an hour or so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
28-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Braised steak mashed potatoes and peas
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
28-06-2016, 11:49 AM
(28-06-2016 11:27 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Haven't eaten it yet, but I just ordered some chapli kababis from a local Indian/Pakistani place that got a great write-up in the paper a few days ago. They specifically raved about the dish I ordered.

I love indian food Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-06-2016, 11:52 AM
(19-06-2015 01:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I noticed on youtube everyone posts what they ate in a day. And, I know we have people from all over the place on here--so what did you eat today?

Me: For breakfast I had a protein bar and some fruit. For lunch, I had a hummus veggie bagel and an almond milk latte. Still kinda early here today--but for dinner will probably have some quinoa with grilled veggies and tahini.

I ate you; you're yet to realise it. You were delicious by the way! I'd eat you again.
28-06-2016, 12:50 PM
(28-06-2016 11:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 11:27 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Haven't eaten it yet, but I just ordered some chapli kababis from a local Indian/Pakistani place that got a great write-up in the paper a few days ago. They specifically raved about the dish I ordered.

I love indian food Drooling

Me too! Although I would bet you eat the vegan Indian food -- and I've been eating the other stuff. It has occurred to me, though, that a large percentage of Indians are vegetarian, so those dishes might be more authentically Indian. So what would you recommend if I wanted to try something like that (keeping in mind that I don't do cheese, so no paneer please!)?

Anyway, the chapli kababis were awesome. Aromatic, flavorful, and spicy -- I might be experiencing some heartburn later on today, but it will be worth it. They are basically meat patties (minced beef) with numerous spices mixed in, served with rice, onions, and cilantro. There were 5 levels of spiciness to choose from, and I opted for "Hot" (maybe next time I will try "very hot"). Even the rice was aromatic and flavorful -- not your everyday bland white rice. I would give it 5 stars, and will definitely have it again.
28-06-2016, 01:18 PM
(28-06-2016 12:50 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 11:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I love indian food Drooling

Me too! Although I would bet you eat the vegan Indian food -- and I've been eating the other stuff. It has occurred to me, though, that a large percentage of Indians are vegetarian, so those dishes might be more authentically Indian. So what would you recommend if I wanted to try something like that (keeping in mind that I don't do cheese, so no paneer please!)?

Anyway, the chapli kababis were awesome. Aromatic, flavorful, and spicy -- I might be experiencing some heartburn later on today, but it will be worth it. They are basically meat patties (minced beef) with numerous spices mixed in, served with rice, onions, and cilantro. There were 5 levels of spiciness to choose from, and I opted for "Hot" (maybe next time I will try "very hot"). Even the rice was aromatic and flavorful -- not your everyday bland white rice. I would give it 5 stars, and will definitely have it again.

I like chana masala, lentil curry, naan, veggie samosas, aloo gobi, spinach saag (okay I'm getting hungry now Laugh out load )

I have been to some restaurants that add milk to the chana and dal--so you just need to ask them to be sure if you are trying to avoid those things.
28-06-2016, 01:25 PM
(28-06-2016 12:50 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 11:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I love indian food Drooling

Very hot is a lot hotter than hot. It can be a health risk. I have seen someone almost suffocate.... we had to carry him out and administer someone else's asthma inhaler... and he was a strapping young man, too. So be careful with the very hot.... if you must try, order hot and some extra spice on the side and add teeny tiny amounts until it's not fun anymore.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Going into town today to find some gardening supplies - and will stop off on the way home to get some Pizza. This is a very rare treat for me, I love it but only eat it like twice a year.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-06-2016, 02:14 PM
(28-06-2016 01:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 12:50 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Me too! Although I would bet you eat the vegan Indian food -- and I've been eating the other stuff. It has occurred to me, though, that a large percentage of Indians are vegetarian, so those dishes might be more authentically Indian. So what would you recommend if I wanted to try something like that (keeping in mind that I don't do cheese, so no paneer please!)?

I like chana masala, lentil curry, naan, veggie samosas, aloo gobi, spinach saag (okay I'm getting hungry now Laugh out load )

I have been to some restaurants that add milk to the chana and dal--so you just need to ask them to be sure if you are trying to avoid those things.

Oh, I don't have a problem with milk (or butter, or ice cream -- ice cream is in fact my favorite food) -- just cheese!

Thanks for the suggestions.
28-06-2016, 02:16 PM
(28-06-2016 01:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 12:50 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Me too! Although I would bet you eat the vegan Indian food -- and I've been eating the other stuff. It has occurred to me, though, that a large percentage of Indians are vegetarian, so those dishes might be more authentically Indian. So what would you recommend if I wanted to try something like that (keeping in mind that I don't do cheese, so no paneer please!)?

Very hot is a lot hotter than hot. It can be a health risk. I have seen someone almost suffocate.... we had to carry him out and administer someone else's asthma inhaler... and he was a strapping young man, too. So be careful with the very hot.... if you must try, order hot and some extra spice on the side and add teeny tiny amounts until it's not fun anymore.

I usually get mild if I'm going to a new restaurant, just to see how hot it is. I notice every restaurant I've been to has a different idea of spicy. Wink