What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2016, 08:52 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
Roast leg of pork with apple sauce potatoes sweet cabbage and gravy, the joint is huge I swear to Satan it didn't look that big in the supermarketHuh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
11-09-2016, 10:36 AM
I've always been more of backpacker type camper. If you don't want to carry it on your back you can live without it. That kind of roughing it isn't Karen's thing, but she and the dog have decided they would like to try some car camping. So fall break is the first week of October, and we are planning a camping trip to Fall Creek Falls state park. In an effort to give her more of the comforts of home I bought some camp kitchen gear.

First there is a Cabelas Deluxe Camp Kitchen. It has work space, storage and a built in sink for clean up. I set it up on the patio Saturday to check things out. It was pretty easy to setup and break down. I didn't take any pictures, but it looks like this.

[Image: Camp%20Kitchen%20011.JPG]

I also picked up a two burner propane stove, a 16" x 36" griddle and a Coleman camp oven with a small pizza stone to go in it. Supposed to help the oven hold heat... Once again I set everything up on the patio this morning and we used it to cook breakfast to make sure everything worked.

[Image: nTuwcIx.jpg]

And here are the results.

[Image: FJ9uXjz.jpg]

Everything worked good.

FYI I normally wouldn't cook biscuits and pancakes, but wanted to try the pancake on the griddle and test the oven.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
11-09-2016, 10:43 AM
My girlfriend would be absolutely horrified if she ever saw my version of camping.

'Murican Canadian
11-09-2016, 10:48 AM
(11-09-2016 10:43 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My girlfriend would be absolutely horrified if she ever saw my version of camping.

Yea, my pack with tent, sleeping bag/pad, stove, water filter, pots and bottles first aid kit, tools and 3 days of food comes in under 30 lbs. That's a little to roughing it for Karen.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
11-09-2016, 10:54 AM
I'd go camping too with all that gear. Looks great!

I'm going to throw some shrimp on the Barbie tonight, with assorted veggies I have yet to pick in the garden.

And the crown of summer of course - vine ripened and sun warmed, juicy, sweet tomato. I just can't get enough of them - it works out because they are only here for a season and then I eat practically none til the next year - I am too much of a tomato snob to buy the cardboard ones in the stores off season.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-09-2016, 07:00 PM
(11-09-2016 10:48 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 10:43 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My girlfriend would be absolutely horrified if she ever saw my version of camping.

Yea, my pack with tent, sleeping bag/pad, stove, water filter, pots and bottles first aid kit, tools and 3 days of food comes in under 30 lbs. That's a little to roughing it for Karen.

I've done that when volunteering for the Boy Scouts of America, but my wife doesn't like it all that much (though she has done it, too). We have a trailer now, and will be going on its maiden voyage on the Columbus Day weekend, since she has a day off because of it.
12-09-2016, 07:09 PM
I had peaches. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
12-09-2016, 07:40 PM
(12-09-2016 07:09 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I had peaches. Smile

Peaches here just doubled in price and went from awesome to shitty. I think I've had my last fresh peaches for the season Sadcryface2

'Murican Canadian
12-09-2016, 07:51 PM
(12-09-2016 07:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 10:48 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Yea, my pack with tent, sleeping bag/pad, stove, water filter, pots and bottles first aid kit, tools and 3 days of food comes in under 30 lbs. That's a little to roughing it for Karen.

I've done that when volunteering for the Boy Scouts of America, but my wife doesn't like it all that much (though she has done it, too). We have a trailer now, and will be going on its maiden voyage on the Columbus Day weekend, since she has a day off because of it.

I'm looking forward to the cold weather. My unit does some camping / survival training in the mountains at least once per year after the snow comes. There's something deeply satisfying about making the perfect snow shelter and getting it so comfy you forget it's like 20 below and sleep for 10 hours straight.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
12-09-2016, 08:53 PM
(12-09-2016 07:51 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 07:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I've done that when volunteering for the Boy Scouts of America, but my wife doesn't like it all that much (though she has done it, too). We have a trailer now, and will be going on its maiden voyage on the Columbus Day weekend, since she has a day off because of it.

I'm looking forward to the cold weather. My unit does some camping / survival training in the mountains at least once per year after the snow comes. There's something deeply satisfying about making the perfect snow shelter and getting it so comfy you forget it's like 20 below and sleep for 10 hours straight.

Yabut, now I'm a tired old man who has a Sleep Number bed at home (wife has a bad back Yes ). I've slept in that shit as a younger man. Once you make General, you won't have to do it any more, either. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post