What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2016, 02:31 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(12-09-2016 08:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 07:51 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm looking forward to the cold weather. My unit does some camping / survival training in the mountains at least once per year after the snow comes. There's something deeply satisfying about making the perfect snow shelter and getting it so comfy you forget it's like 20 below and sleep for 10 hours straight.

Yabut, now I'm a tired old man who has a Sleep Number bed at home (wife has a bad back Yes ). I've slept in that shit as a younger man. Once you make General, you won't have to do it any more, either. Smile

General Yakherder has a good ring to it, l like it. Back to food cold pork and bubble and squeak smothered in hot sauce.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
13-09-2016, 06:28 PM
(13-09-2016 02:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 08:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Yabut, now I'm a tired old man who has a Sleep Number bed at home (wife has a bad back Yes ). I've slept in that shit as a younger man. Once you make General, you won't have to do it any more, either. Smile

General Yakherder has a good ring to it, l like it. Back to food cold pork and bubble and squeak smothered in hot sauce.

I met a Major in the Air Force when I was a civilian contractor. His last name was Battle. Here, meet my friend, Major Battle. Laugh out load True story.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Cold pork and salad please remind me not to buy such large joints of meat in future getting well sick of it now Rainbow Vomit
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
14-09-2016, 10:11 AM
(14-09-2016 08:19 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Cold pork and salad please remind me not to buy such large joints of meat in future getting well sick of it now Rainbow Vomit

Get a zippered baggie, put the leftovers in, close the zipper except for a small bit at a corner, dip it into a bowl of water until only the unzipped spot is above water, seal. Now you have vacuum packed meat to throw in your freezer.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-09-2016, 12:12 PM
I need to forage for food. Pretty sure leftover noodles & frozen pizza is going to do it for me. I just don't feel like actually cooking, today.

Hmm ... Consider maybe I can get take out somewhere.

Nope - too much choice involved. Noodles & pizza, it is. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Girlfriend has been at a convention back in 'murica this week so it's all on me. Inviting the neighbors over since we're kind of pooling garden resources for some more variety Big Grin They're providing the eggs and the corn and I've got pretty much everything else. For dinner tonight will be black bean based veggie burgers with a fried duck egg on each, homemade ketchup, random garden salad, corn on the cob. Only thing from the store are the black beans, though everything else inside the patties is from the yard. We're also juicing a bunch of apples we picked up over the weekend at the same spot we grabbed them from a couple weeks ago when we went foraging.

Then I've gotta make some basil paste. Been using a lot of it but our plants are still pretty full and I don't anticipate that being the case much longer so I need to preserve it all before it goes to waste.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
14-09-2016, 12:46 PM
(14-09-2016 12:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Then I've gotta make some basil paste. Been using a lot of it but our plants are still pretty full and I don't anticipate that being the case much longer so I need to preserve it all before it goes to waste.

Can't you freeze the leaves? Texture is ruined but if you're just making pesto out of it it should still work. No?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
14-09-2016, 12:56 PM
(14-09-2016 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 12:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Then I've gotta make some basil paste. Been using a lot of it but our plants are still pretty full and I don't anticipate that being the case much longer so I need to preserve it all before it goes to waste.

Can't you freeze the leaves? Texture is ruined but if you're just making pesto out of it it should still work. No?

It would work, but I can use basil paste in almost any of the recipes I use basil for so it saves me a bit of time (in the long run) and freezer space.

'Murican Canadian
14-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Eating smoked kippers atm.

No idea why no one will sit by me Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 4 users Like Loom's post
14-09-2016, 01:50 PM
(14-09-2016 01:44 PM)Loom Wrote:  Eating smoked kippers atm.

No idea why no one will sit by me Tongue

Kippered snacks, smoked salmon, smoked oysters, sardines, etc. I can't fathom how anyone could not like that stuff. If I were on death row, my last meal might very well be fancy crackers and smoked salmon. My stepfather would come home from his Alaska fishing outings with enough halibut (some of them bigger than he was) to smoke and have every day for an entire year. That alone pretty much made my childhood awesome.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post