What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 08:13 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
Oatmeal with ground flaxseed for breakfast.

Turkey pastrami sandwich on rye and an orange for lunch.

Burger and onion rings for supper on the way back from a physio appointment.

Currently cooking a few chicken pieces for tomorrow -- I dusted them with salt and pepper, browned them in olive oil in a Dutch oven, added some garlic cloves and minced ginger, and it's just now finishing up in the oven.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
20-10-2016, 08:19 PM
(20-10-2016 01:33 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Chilli con carne and English fries with salad, best and biggest pub meal I have had for less than a tenner anywhere. And fresh and really crispy fries. Half a pint of Doombar washed it down.

Pub was next to the River Severn and we missed seeing the bore by ten minutes. Damn, damn, damn!

"bore"?
Find all posts by this user
20-10-2016, 09:56 PM
(20-10-2016 08:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 01:33 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Chilli con carne and English fries with salad, best and biggest pub meal I have had for less than a tenner anywhere. And fresh and really crispy fries. Half a pint of Doombar washed it down.

Pub was next to the River Severn and we missed seeing the bore by ten minutes. Damn, damn, damn!

"bore"?

Tidal bore is my guess.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-10-2016, 01:10 AM
I made a nice chicken stew tonight.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
21-10-2016, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2016 03:20 AM by Gloucester.)
(20-10-2016 08:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

"bore"?
When tide rise exceeds river flow, in shallowish rivers that narrow upstream, a reflected wave rides counter-flow. Can be spectacular.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 4 users Like Gloucester's post
21-10-2016, 06:08 AM
Tonight, bangers and mash with baked beans, the sausages are made locally from free range pork and at this time of year the pigs diet is made up with acorns which makes the meat utterly delicious. Homemade pumpkin pie seasoned with vanilla cinnamon cardamon and nutmeg.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-10-2016, 06:40 AM
More cranberry white chocolate chip scones for breakfast. Not getting tired of my girlfriend making those. Currently on batch 5 or 6 since she discovered them a couple months ago.

And a coffee + milk + whey drink Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
21-10-2016, 06:43 AM
latte and a chocolate cupcake for breakfast (I know, breakfast of champions Wink )

probably cornmeal crust pizza with zucchini for lunch

dinner maybe lentil loaf and asparagus with some tahini
22-10-2016, 07:44 AM
Homemade fish pie, jumbo shrimp salmon haddock and cod smothered in homemade parsley and tarragon sauce topped with cheesy mashed potatoes served with sugar snap peas.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
22-10-2016, 11:31 AM
for breakfast--latte and bagel with (vegan) cream cheese

for lunch, I'm going to tear into my vegan bread basket of homemade treats that were just delivered yesterday and have some zucchini bread with some dal soup

dinner hmmm maybe a black bean burger with an avocado and some fruit salad