What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2016, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2016 12:24 PM by Gloucester.)
RE: What did you eat today?
Boring old fish fingers and veggie rice for lunch. A fairly skinny meal.

So I could pig out on cheese, crackers, olives, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, strips of peppers, more cheese, more crackers, even more cheese . . plus wine, this evening! (Do they put something addictive in cheese?)

Added later: thinking about it that was equivalent to a small pizza in component form!

[Image: 2mxl8jm.jpg]

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Gloucester's post
22-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Just got back from a Viking Feast. I had a couple of shots of nonalcoholic "mead" punch for toasts (no resemblance to the mead I make, BTW) plus a couple of Icelandic beers, chicken broth, bread, roast pork with cracklings, potatoes and a vegetable mix, and a berry crumble.

Oof.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
22-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Chicken cacciatore garnished with fresh-grated parmesan.

And a S'Mores Klondike Bar.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-10-2016, 09:58 PM
I tried PF Chang’s today. It's a bit of a schlep from my house, but it was on my list of places to try and I was feeling adventurous. Totally not worth it. I had heard it was a nice place, but it’s always a bad sign when I notice that the patron’s don’t know how to dress for dinner. I can generally gauge the quality of the food based on the attire of the patrons.

Meh. I did finally get to try lo mein. I haven’t had since I was a kid and I didn’t really remember the taste or anything. It was okay.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
23-10-2016, 04:55 AM
Roast belly of pork apple sauce cauliflower broccoli potatoes and gravy, apple quince and blackberry pudding for dessert.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
23-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Just had latte so far.

For lunch I think maybe 2 pieces of pistachio butter (I am addicted to this stuff Tongue ) toast with strawberries.

Dinner maybe a huge ass pizza while I'm watching the Walking Dead Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-10-2016, 10:14 AM
(23-10-2016 10:11 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Just had latte so far.

For lunch I think maybe 2 pieces of pistachio butter (I am addicted to this stuff Tongue ) toast with strawberries.

Drooling For some reason Nishi has been on my mind all day and yesterday also, I miss his input and I miss him. Sad
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
23-10-2016, 10:39 AM
(23-10-2016 10:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 10:11 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Just had latte so far.

Drooling For some reason Nishi has been on my mind all day and yesterday also, I miss his input and I miss him. Sad

I miss him too. Heart Hug
23-10-2016, 10:57 AM
(23-10-2016 10:39 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 10:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Drooling For some reason Nishi has been on my mind all day and yesterday also, I miss his input and I miss him. Sad

I miss him too. Heart Hug

It doesn't get any easier, leastways not yet.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
23-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Snap decision for final meal - omelette. But do it differently.

Fried bacon, onions and mushrooms then, instead of chopping bacon up and stirring up as usual, just rearranged items in pan as I would do on the plate if I were just having fried eggs with them.

Then poured the seasoned, beaten egg over all, did a little gentle stirring and placed my halogen oven top on the top of the pan to cook from both sides.

Have found the halogen oven one of my best kitchen gadget investments! Excellent way of warming rolls, baking spuds, grilling salmon fillets or trout, skewered meats/veg, reheating almost any solid food, roasting a smallish chicken . . . Far more energy efficient (and easier to clean) than a full size, or even half sized, oven. Ideal for singles, useful for families.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post