What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2016, 07:37 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(14-11-2016 07:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  So I was out and about today, and I found myself needing to grab a quick sandwich at Panera Bread. I know what you're thinking... How does one consume a sandwich without sriracha? Panera is not one of those restaurants that stock sriracha and eating food that doesn't ignite your mouth on fire really just isn't worth the calories.

Fear not! I now carry these little packets around in my purse, so my visit to Panera was as tasty as can be.

[Image: packets-2_2048x@2x.jpg?v=1476823022]

Brilliant.

You have given me a quest. I must search teh interwebz for individual packets of hot sauces. I like Sriracha, but there are others. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-11-2016, 09:40 AM
(15-11-2016 07:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 10:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Are you in Montrael? I think I recognize that paper on the table.

I live in Massachusetts, but I was recently in Montréal visiting family. Smile

Have you ever tried Montréal smoked meat?

"Montreal smoked meat is cured in seasoning with more cracked peppercorns and savory flavourings,
such as coriander, garlic, and mustard seeds, and significantly less sugar than New York pastrami.

Montreal smoked meat is made with variable-fat brisket, whereas pastrami is more commonly made
with the fat-marbled navel/plate cut. Montreal smoked meat is typically served in the form of a light-rye bread sandwich
slathered with yellow mustard. While some Montreal smoked meat is brine-cured like corned beef, with spices applied later,
many smoked meat establishments prefer dry-curing directly with salt and spices." -Wikipedia

The Jews from one shtetl emigrated to New York with their brisket recipe, the Jews from a different shtetl emigrated to Montréal with theirs. Big Grin

I have family from Montreal, so I've been exposed to smoked meats during our Montreal visits. I did, after all, recognize the paper on the table in that photo. Big Grin I've also been exposed to Montreal bagels from this little shop that rolls them right in front of you and serves them hot.

When the Montreal relatives come to visit, I'm embarrassed to serve them the bagels from Florida. It's utterly humiliating to see them politely take a bite and reject the rest with disappointment in their eyes. Weeping
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
15-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Rainbow trout potatoes and peas
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-11-2016, 11:01 AM
latte
pb j on sprouted bread and a large coconut water so far
I see some grapes and coconut date rolls in my future for lunch Wink
dinner probably dumplings and some spring rolls from this really good dumpling house that my bf swears by. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it'll be yum.
15-11-2016, 03:49 PM
An orange, a funnel cake.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
15-11-2016, 05:02 PM
[Image: Famous-Amos-Target.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
15-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Jusr got back from dinner. Dumplings were so yum! Veggie spring rolls were meh. But dumplings are definitely worth going back for.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-11-2016, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2016 01:55 PM by Old Man Marsh.)
Apple for b-fast. Nothing for kunch yet, but I'll probably head over to subway soon enough.

EDIT: I got a subway club with salami.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
16-11-2016, 05:17 PM
latte
pistachio butter and jam sandwich on sprouted bread
falafel pita
dinner I think pizza and a chocolate cupcake Wink
16-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Nothing but liquids. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user