What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(16-11-2016 10:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 09:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh no, why? Undecided

I'm ill with something flu-like. Nausea is part of the package. Sadcryface2

You could just, like, throw a steak and potatoes in the blender.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2016, 10:25 PM
(16-11-2016 10:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 08:51 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Laksa, from the same cookbook as the selsig morgannwg we had a few days ago.

It's a Peranakan rice noodle soup with a coconut milk and curry base. And yeah it was Censored awesome.

I see this stuff and sometimes I think I'm seeing a post from someone in a different country. Oh, wait. Tongue

During her time as an auditor for Canadian Airlines she was in about 40 different countries, albeit only for a couple days each. I haven't been to quite so many, but was a bit more immersed in the ones I did go to. Developing a taste for something other than Kraft Mac and Cheese was inevitable Tongue

'Murican Canadian
16-11-2016, 10:25 PM
(16-11-2016 10:21 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm ill with something flu-like. Nausea is part of the package. Sadcryface2

You could just, like, throw a steak and potatoes in the blender.

[Image: puke.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-11-2016, 10:30 PM
(16-11-2016 10:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 09:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh no, why? Undecided

I'm ill with something flu-like. Nausea is part of the package. Sadcryface2

Aw Hug Hope you feel better soon.

Take an extra dose of terse and you'll be alright Drinking Beverage Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-11-2016, 10:31 PM
(16-11-2016 10:15 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 09:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What cookbook do you guys use? You always make such interesting stuff.

We've got an entire bookshelf in the kitchen full of vegetarian cookbooks Big Grin The above two dishes are both from Cuisine végétarienne classique du monde.

I'm hoping some of those recipes are in English Laugh out load
16-11-2016, 10:47 PM
(16-11-2016 10:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:15 PM)yakherder Wrote:  We've got an entire bookshelf in the kitchen full of vegetarian cookbooks Big Grin The above two dishes are both from Cuisine végétarienne classique du monde.

I'm hoping some of those recipes are in English Laugh out load

Not in this book. Our shelf is pretty evenly divided between English and French cookbooks. We also have a few in Chinese we brought back from China and Taiwan. For those she just looks at the pictures and I translate it if she sees something she wants to make.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
16-11-2016, 10:54 PM
(16-11-2016 10:25 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I see this stuff and sometimes I think I'm seeing a post from someone in a different country. Oh, wait. Tongue

During her time as an auditor for Canadian Airlines she was in about 40 different countries, albeit only for a couple days each. I haven't been to quite so many, but was a bit more immersed in the ones I did go to. Developing a taste for something other than Kraft Mac and Cheese was inevitable Tongue

Bolding mine. I'd rather eat crickets. Tongue At least you can clean your teeth with the legs, if you're careful- they're kind of fragile. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-11-2016, 11:14 PM
(16-11-2016 10:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 10:25 PM)yakherder Wrote:  During her time as an auditor for Canadian Airlines she was in about 40 different countries, albeit only for a couple days each. I haven't been to quite so many, but was a bit more immersed in the ones I did go to. Developing a taste for something other than Kraft Mac and Cheese was inevitable Tongue

Bolding mine. I'd rather eat crickets. Tongue At least you can clean your teeth with the legs, if you're careful- they're kind of fragile. Drinking Beverage

One of the few bugs that's easy enough to gut that you can eat it raw without worrying too much about parasites. Hold it upside down gripping it's back with one hand, pinch it's head with the other, gently pull the head towards it's front, and it's digestive will come out connected to it. Then you can eat the rest without worrying about getting sick Smile

Just in case you're ever out in the woods and get hungry and need a little protein.

'Murican Canadian
17-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Lentil soup and bacon sandwiches. The bacon is from free range acorn fed pigs smoked over oak.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
17-11-2016, 01:03 PM
[Image: new-yellow-lentil.png]

OMG! So delicious!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post