for dinner--tofu veggie stir fry with peanut sauce

Why does half of that sound made up.

huh?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2016, 06:31 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(22-12-2016 06:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 06:21 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Why does half of that sound made up.

huh?

It was a joke because I have never heard of chana masala and naan

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-12-2016, 06:36 PM
(22-12-2016 06:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 06:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  huh?

It was a joke because I have never heard of chana masala and naan

Ah okay Tongue Well, naan is just a flatbread (kinda looks like pita, but is more doughy) and chana masala is a garbanzo bean dish that is seasoned with spices and marinated in a sauce.
22-12-2016, 06:37 PM
(22-12-2016 06:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 06:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It was a joke because I have never heard of chana masala and naan

Ah okay Tongue Well, naan is just a flatbread (kinda looks like pita, but is more doughy) and chana masala is a garbanzo bean dish that is seasoned with spices and marinated in a sauce.

I'll have naan of that.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
23-12-2016, 04:00 AM
(22-12-2016 06:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 06:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It was a joke because I have never heard of chana masala and naan

Bought from a takeaway chana masala and naan is superb, shop bought it tastes like the excreta from a pig with dysentery.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
23-12-2016, 06:34 AM
Last night we had veggie meat pizza and wonton soup. The combo seemed to work.

Looking forward to leftovers for lunch today but don't know if I feel like piecing together more wontons.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-12-2016, 08:17 AM
(23-12-2016 04:00 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 06:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Ah okay Tongue Well, naan is just a flatbread (kinda looks like pita, but is more doughy) and chana masala is a garbanzo bean dish that is seasoned with spices and marinated in a sauce.
Bought from a takeaway chana masala and naan is superb, shop bought it tastes like the excreta from a pig with dysentery.

The restaurant I go to is ah-mazing! The chana masala is delicious when this one guy cooks it. When the other guy cooks it, he changes up the recipe and it's kinda runny and too spicy (and for me to say that, it's pretty fucking spicy Wink ) and he puts huge onion slices in it on top of all of that. Unfortunately, yesterday was the onion guy, but it was still pretty good. Tongue
23-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Wanted something light today so only apple and cinnamon yogurt.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
23-12-2016, 08:25 AM
I need to stop opening this thread when I am hungry...

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
23-12-2016, 08:30 AM
(23-12-2016 06:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Last night we had veggie meat pizza and wonton soup. The combo seemed to work.

Looking forward to leftovers for lunch today but don't know if I feel like piecing together more wontons.

That is a different combo, but I like both of those foods. But I also have weird combos that I do too. Like I love sweet and spicy things together. And I mean together. I could eat a chocolate cupcake and then chase that with tortilla chips and salsa/guac.

I've never made wontons--are they that hard to put together? I think I would have a hard time making sure they stayed closed, without having veggies poke out of the sides.