What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2017, 10:17 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(02-01-2017 09:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 09:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I decided on getting the eggplant stew and saffron rice dish instead. Next time I'll have to try the fesenjan. Thumbsup

Sounds good too. Unfortunately, eggplant is the one thing in the world I've found that I can't eat Sad I like it, but for some reason it just turns me inside out for like two days if I have even a single piece. Another thing I discovered in China through trial and error.

Aw that's too bad about the eggplant. It was really good though Big Grin I almost went with the bhagali ghatogh (it's a lima bean stew) but I would have had to veganize it by having them make it without the egg. I usually veganize things at most restaurants that don't have a vegan dish but if there's an easier option (like the eggplant stew which is already vegan), I usually just go with that. The fesenjan at this place is vegan as well, although they also sell a meat version.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2017, 10:30 PM
(02-01-2017 09:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 09:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I decided on getting the eggplant stew and saffron rice dish instead. Next time I'll have to try the fesenjan. Thumbsup

Sounds good too. Unfortunately, eggplant is the one thing in the world I've found that I can't eat Sad I like it, but for some reason it just turns me inside out for like two days if I have even a single piece. Another thing I discovered in China through trial and error.

So, now we need to divide the world up into people who can or cannot eat eggplant? FFS. Big Grin Don't worry, I'll eat all the eggplant you can't handle. Weird how body chemistry works. One thing is OK for that person, and kills another.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-01-2017, 10:45 PM
(02-01-2017 10:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 09:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Sounds good too. Unfortunately, eggplant is the one thing in the world I've found that I can't eat Sad I like it, but for some reason it just turns me inside out for like two days if I have even a single piece. Another thing I discovered in China through trial and error.

So, now we need to divide the world up into people who can or cannot eat eggplant? FFS. Big Grin Don't worry, I'll eat all the eggplant you can't handle. Weird how body chemistry works. One thing is OK for that person, and kills another.

It does seem to be a worsening problem. I sure don't remember having to be that careful as a kid, but there's a laundry list of food items and ingredients that are off limits at my kids' daycare.

So long as I never develop an allergy to cats or cheese, I can get by.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
02-01-2017, 10:58 PM
'twould suck to have to forgo the occasional grilled cheese and cat filet sandwich.

I had my usual powdered meal crap, and a cup of cooked broccoli. yay!
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
02-01-2017, 11:02 PM
(02-01-2017 10:58 PM)skyking Wrote:  'twould suck to have to forgo the occasional grilled cheese and cat filet sandwich.

I had my usual powdered meal crap, and a cup of cooked broccoli. yay!

Sounds like you are doing amazing though Thumbsup
03-01-2017, 07:08 AM
Minced meat with black beans served with cinnamon flavored pasta and black olives.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
03-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Eggs au gratin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
03-01-2017, 07:49 AM
Latte
Coconut water later after yoga
Leftover indian food for today-Chana masala naan veg samosas. Pure yum!
Probably more of the nut butters I got for the holiday.
03-01-2017, 08:27 AM
Im too fat Sadcryface2
So ill try eating salad only in the canteen.

Day 2 and counting

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
03-01-2017, 08:34 AM
(03-01-2017 08:27 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Im too fat Sadcryface2
So ill try eating salad only in the canteen.

Day 2 and counting

Just make little changes here and there and take it slow. I know people who have lost weight just by giving up soda. I prefer making little changes than drastic ones if I feel I need to lose a few pounds. For instance, I'll have a cafe au lait in the am instead of a latte which saves about 100 calories right there.