What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2017, 01:28 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(05-01-2017 12:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 10:13 AM)Dom Wrote:  Been stranded at home in the snow with no electricity (that also means no water.)

Ate my way through the fridge. Found some instant coffee I keep for emergencies and realized that it dissolves in cold water - just very slowly. (I always keep several bottles of water in the fridge.)

Not sure I'll be able to head into town today - electricity back up but streets not cleared yet. If I do go, I'll pick up the pizza I have been dreaming about while sitting here shivering and reading a stupid bestseller.

Ugh hope things are up and running soon.

They are now, enjoying some nice, hot coffee and contemplating braving the roads... Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-01-2017, 01:45 PM
(05-01-2017 01:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 12:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Ugh hope things are up and running soon.

They are now, enjoying some nice, hot coffee and contemplating braving the roads... Smile

I think pizza qualifies as an emergency Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-01-2017, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 10:19 PM by jennybee.)
These look yummy!

05-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Pork chili for dinner. The kids snubbed it because it wasn't "regular" chili, but fuck them, right? It was delicious.

Also dug out the jar of jelly we got for Christmas to try. Cranberry jalapeño jelly bought at the local farmers market. By itself on a spoon I wasn't convinced, but on buttered toast it's really good. The kids even tried it and went nuts, said they wanted it for breakfast.

Hold up kids, that's my fucking jelly.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
05-01-2017, 11:15 PM
(05-01-2017 10:52 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Pork chili for dinner. The kids snubbed it because it wasn't "regular" chili, but fuck them, right? It was delicious.

Also dug out the jar of jelly we got for Christmas to try. Cranberry jalapeño jelly bought at the local farmers market. By itself on a spoon I wasn't convinced, but on buttered toast it's really good. The kids even tried it and went nuts, said they wanted it for breakfast.

Hold up kids, that's my fucking jelly.

I love jalapeños. That jelly sounds good Thumbsup
06-01-2017, 05:00 AM
Got my sons coming to stay I'm really excited.Tonight its their favourite dads homemade king prawn madras, tomorrow roast leg of lamb with mint sauce and all the trimmings plus grannies brioche bread and butter pudding.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-01-2017, 06:45 AM
Shakshouka with basmati rice and beet salad.
"Chai masala" tea.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
06-01-2017, 07:03 AM
(06-01-2017 05:00 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Got my sons coming to stay I'm really excited.Tonight its their favourite dads homemade king prawn madras, tomorrow roast leg of lamb with mint sauce and all the trimmings plus grannies brioche bread and butter pudding.

Enjoy your time with your sons. Smile
06-01-2017, 08:45 AM
latte
Got my trusty coconut water for after yoga Wink
probably going to make some toast with walnut butter
maybe pasta later for dinner and some wine.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Got invited to a buffet tonight...

Tongue

[Image: eating-pants.gif?w=650]