Dessert will be Kayak cookies

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
31-01-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
On Sunday I picked up some fresh salmon from the local grocery store. Although it's probably not as fresh as wild caught bought from the docks, it was farm raised. Anyhow, it made a lovely meal grilled and served with a lemon dill sauce. Sooo good! Yummm! I want more lol.

I also made a delicious pasta salad with chick pea noodles, spinach, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, and sun dried tomato pesto sauce.

Lastly some asparagus.

It was a lovely meal!

Been cooking a lot lately, for my wife (mostly fish). And enjoying it! I think I'll do something with the chicken breast in the fridge this evening. Ideas for a simple low-sodium and low-fat sauce that pairs well? Also, needs to be low-carb, so nothing sweet. If you have ideas, I'd like to hear them!
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
31-01-2017, 11:20 AM
(31-01-2017 10:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(31-01-2017 08:48 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I haven't. I'm not much of a seafood-eater; it's very much a mood thing for me.

But under doctor's advice in preparation for surgery later this year, I'm making modifications to my diet to address some issues with my blood. I'll be looking at bringing more seafood into my diet if I can ... and I'll look into plank-grilling.

Have you tried swordfish? It's more of a steak consistency I think. At least that's what I remember from my meat eating days growing up in a small seaside town. If you want to add more fish into your diet, but don't really like fish, that might be the one to try.

Tuna steaks, too. Made some the other day. It was a nice mix between fish and a steak. I really enjoyed it.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
31-01-2017, 12:30 PM
(31-01-2017 11:18 AM)kineo Wrote:  On Sunday I picked up some fresh salmon from the local grocery store. Although it's probably not as fresh as wild caught bought from the docks, it was farm raised. Anyhow, it made a lovely meal grilled and served with a lemon dill sauce. Sooo good! Yummm! I want more lol.

I also made a delicious pasta salad with chick pea noodles, spinach, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, and sun dried tomato pesto sauce.

Lastly some asparagus.

It was a lovely meal!

Been cooking a lot lately, for my wife (mostly fish). And enjoying it! I think I'll do something with the chicken breast in the fridge this evening. Ideas for a simple low-sodium and low-fat sauce that pairs well? Also, needs to be low-carb, so nothing sweet. If you have ideas, I'd like to hear them!

I don't know too much about a sauce for chicken, but my mom used to make a hollandaise sauce for chicken. There may be a low sodium/low fat version online. But I do remember it was actually pretty good over that and asparagus.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-01-2017, 12:34 PM
latte
a chocolate cupcake
coconut water
lunch-pizza with zucchini with fake cheese and nutritional yeast (I'm addicted to this pizza crust, it's actually quite healthy and is made from cornmeal).
for dinner, black bean soup, fresh rolls
snack-pomegranate seeds
31-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Nothing yet aside from the eggs I have for breakfast almost every day.

But...

My girlfriend just started the bread maker and now the house smells like pumpkin. I guess she has something interesting planned Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
31-01-2017, 12:46 PM
(31-01-2017 11:09 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  B: Scone w/ drizzled honey, coffee
L: Orange, cottage cheese and sesame crackers for lunch

D: Roasted cauliflower, quinoa, and sautéed garlic spinach
Dessert will be Kayak cookies

This sounds really good: Roasted cauliflower, quinoa, and sautéed garlic spinach

Can I have the recipe? Smile
31-01-2017, 02:31 PM
Sure! No recipe actually Smile

I roast the cauliflower on a cookie sheet at 400 or so degrees with a little olive oil and sea salt/pepper

Then I cook the quinoa in vegetable broth.
I heat up some garlic and EVOO and sauté the baby spinach and voila! Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
31-01-2017, 02:35 PM
(31-01-2017 02:31 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Sure! No recipe actually Smile

I roast the cauliflower on a cookie sheet at 400 or so degrees with a little olive oil and sea salt/pepper

Then I cook the quinoa in vegetable broth.
I heat up some garlic and EVOO and sauté the baby spinach and voila! Smile

Sounds delicious! Thank you Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-01-2017, 06:15 PM
What did you eat today?
For lunch today I had a grilled chicken sandwich that was delightful. My coworker had the salad. Yummy.
[Image: 0507c36de00af719bdb55cae7d9ba05f.jpg]
[Image: 58f7286aeddc3612f7c01023e8651001.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post