What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2017, 12:58 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
Having successfully made Pad Thai a few days ago, and delicious Pad Thai too I might add... I decided to get creative in the kitchen Facepalm I had... bacon, eggs, onions, fish sauce, chillies, rice noodles and parsley. Time to make Dog Thai!

Everything started well. I successfully fried me an egg in mein wok. I put my noodles on to boil. I removed the egg from the wok and whacked the chillies in some hot oil! I forgot to add the bacon and added the onion. Fuck. Added the bacon. Stirred. Smelled odd but hey who cares right? Noodles done, drained them. Or attempted to. Noodles fell in the sink, into the dirty washing water. Fuck. Fished them out. Continued frying bacon/onion mix. Added fish sauce. Last time when I made Pad Thai I was quite conservative with the fish sauce but this time I decided to be liberal. Only live once right? Big mistake. That shit stinks. Fucken immigrants and their fish sauce Angry Added the noodles to the wok. Added the fried eggs. Chopped the rather sad frozen parsley into clumps. Added it. Decided fuck this and took everything off the heat.

It is the most disgusting salty horrible shit I've ever tasted in my life. The parsley is still in clumps. Kids, never ever fry bacon in a wok. That shit is nasty. Onions were somehow undercooked. Overall I would score this meal -5 out of 10. Fuck. What a disaster Weeping I thought I was getting somewhere with this cookery bullshit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-02-2017, 01:06 PM
(13-02-2017 12:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  Last time when I made Pad Thai I was quite conservative with the fish sauce but this time I decided to be liberal.

bwahahahahaha ... next time add like 1/4 cup of sesame oil to confuse your palate.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-02-2017, 02:08 PM
(13-02-2017 06:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 04:02 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  The "puke" Laugh out load is "Leberwurst", liver sausage. Although i usually hate eating any intestines, this one i think is really tasty. Pork liver with spices.
The bread is the standard "Roggenmischbrot" we have here. Its a mix of Rye (Roggen) and wheat (Weizen). Its consitency is "stronger" than bread made by wheat exclusively, the crust is crunchy, its a little bit sour, because its made of sourdough. Taste is much stronger than wheat only, it can be kept longer (because of sourdough?) before it rots. Its considered to be much more healthy than bread made out of wheat alone.

[Image: 640px-Mischbrot-1.jpg]

I miss German bread. The US has finally caught up in beer and coffee - but they still don't have decent bread.

As you maybe remember, buying bread in Germany is like ordering coffe in a modern coffee shop. You cant just go in and order "a bread" No

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
13-02-2017, 02:13 PM
(13-02-2017 04:02 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 02:37 PM)KUSA Wrote:  That looks really good.

What kind of bread is that?

The "puke" Laugh out load is "Leberwurst", liver sausage.

I love a liverwurst, onion and mustard sandwich on pumpernickel but I'm used to it being solid not spreadable.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-02-2017, 03:03 PM
latte
veggie samosas
Chana masala and roti
I'm not sure for dinner. Maybe a tofu pumpkin curry. Or something easy like Irish oatmeal, berries and pecan butter.
13-02-2017, 03:17 PM
(13-02-2017 02:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 04:02 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  The "puke" Laugh out load is "Leberwurst", liver sausage.

I love a liverwurst, onion and mustard sandwich on pumpernickel but I'm used to it being solid not spreadable.

When I was a young boy (many many years ago), liver sausage was one of our standard sandwich-making items. I remember it as being called Braunschweiger, and it was spreadable.
13-02-2017, 04:08 PM
What did you eat today?
(13-02-2017 02:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I love a liverwurst, onion and mustard sandwich on pumpernickel but I'm used to it being solid not spreadable.

You had old meat.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
13-02-2017, 07:34 PM
(13-02-2017 12:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  Having successfully made Pad Thai a few days ago, and delicious Pad Thai too I might add... I decided to get creative in the kitchen Facepalm I had... bacon, eggs, onions, fish sauce, chillies, rice noodles and parsley. Time to make Dog Thai!

Everything started well. I successfully fried me an egg in mein wok. I put my noodles on to boil. I removed the egg from the wok and whacked the chillies in some hot oil! I forgot to add the bacon and added the onion. Fuck. Added the bacon. Stirred. Smelled odd but hey who cares right? Noodles done, drained them. Or attempted to. Noodles fell in the sink, into the dirty washing water. Fuck. Fished them out. Continued frying bacon/onion mix. Added fish sauce. Last time when I made Pad Thai I was quite conservative with the fish sauce but this time I decided to be liberal. Only live once right? Big mistake. That shit stinks. Fucken immigrants and their fish sauce Angry Added the noodles to the wok. Added the fried eggs. Chopped the rather sad frozen parsley into clumps. Added it. Decided fuck this and took everything off the heat.

It is the most disgusting salty horrible shit I've ever tasted in my life. The parsley is still in clumps. Kids, never ever fry bacon in a wok. That shit is nasty. Onions were somehow undercooked. Overall I would score this meal -5 out of 10. Fuck. What a disaster Weeping I thought I was getting somewhere with this cookery bullshit.

It sounds like you're trying to cook though. I think I would have bagged it after the noodles fell into the dirty dishwater though Laugh out load I don't think there's any kind of ten second rule for that one Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-02-2017, 07:44 PM
(13-02-2017 03:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 02:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I love a liverwurst, onion and mustard sandwich on pumpernickel but I'm used to it being solid not spreadable.

When I was a young boy (many many years ago), liver sausage was one of our standard sandwich-making items. I remember it as being called Braunschweiger, and it was spreadable.

This is the liverwurst or braunschweiger I eat. I eat slices of it, it don't spread.

[Image: braunschweiger_zps4euf1h6l.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-02-2017, 07:12 AM
Chicken breast with tikka masala sauce served with cinnamon flavored pasta and marinated paprika.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post