What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2017, 10:32 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(15-03-2017 10:21 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  Right now I'm trying to craft a healthy matcha cookie recipe without using any kind of sugar. -_- I'm thinking maybe a banana and almond butter? :/

That sounds good-can I have the recipe once you craft it? Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2017, 10:37 PM
(15-03-2017 10:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 10:21 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  Right now I'm trying to craft a healthy matcha cookie recipe without using any kind of sugar. -_- I'm thinking maybe a banana and almond butter? :/

That sounds good-can I have the recipe once you craft it? Smile

Do you think? Smile I hope it turns out okay.
All the recipes I've found are loaded with butter and powdered sugar. -_-

I'll gladly send you the recipe if they don't explode in the oven. XD
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
15-03-2017, 10:39 PM

This sounds reaaaaaaly good, but I can't eat bananas

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
15-03-2017, 10:41 PM
(15-03-2017 10:39 PM)JesseB Wrote:  

This sounds reaaaaaaly good, but I can't eat bananas

Why can't you eat bananas? Allergic?
15-03-2017, 10:57 PM
(15-03-2017 10:41 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 10:39 PM)JesseB Wrote:  This sounds reaaaaaaly good, but I can't eat bananas

Why can't you eat bananas? Allergic?

I've been told (though I have no idea if this is true) that my body produces potassium? at sufficient levels. And that eating foods high in the stuff can actually cause me to overdose. I have no idea, but I have never eaten foods with high levels of potassium and have never been found to be deficient in it.

My mom has had low potassium so I'm familiar with what happens.

I mean I have and can eat banana's and other high potassium foods, but when I do there's a high likelihood that I will have severe stomach pain that lasts for hours. That's all I really know, I avoid it usually (until I give in and eat a banana split cause bananas taste amazing! Sure I almost always regret it, but.... so worth it sometimes. You only live once after all.)

That's what one of my doctors told me, idk I've known doctors that couldn't tell their ass from a hole in the ground though, so I just take it at face value.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
15-03-2017, 10:59 PM
(15-03-2017 10:57 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 10:41 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  Why can't you eat bananas? Allergic?

I've been told (though I have no idea if this is true) that my body produces potassium? at sufficient levels. And that eating foods high in the stuff can actually cause me to overdose. I have no idea, but I have never eaten foods with high levels of potassium and have never been found to be deficient in it.

My mom has had low potassium so I'm familiar with what happens.

I mean I have and can eat banana's and other high potassium foods, but when I do there's a high likelihood that I will have severe stomach pain that lasts for hours. That's all I really know, I avoid it usually (until I give in and eat a banana split cause bananas taste amazing! Sure I almost always regret it, but.... so worth it sometimes. You only live once after all.)

I'm trying to think of a naturally sweet fruit that isn't banana now. I feel like I'm going to make a 2.0 recipe for both of you now. XD
[+] 2 users Like Larai19's post
16-03-2017, 01:54 AM
(15-03-2017 05:19 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Can you post the recipe for that?

Sure. You need:

- 200/250g of oyster mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley
- 1 leek: only white part
- 2 cloves of garlic
- light soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 tea spoon of ginseng
- marjoram
- smoked paprika spice
- pepper
- salt
- chicken bouillon cube (optionally)

Grate carrot and parsley, cut onion and garlic into dices, leek into rings, and mushrooms into slices. Start frying leek, onion and garlic. After 3 to 4 minutes add carrot and parsley and fry it 3 minutes more. During frying add soy sauce. After it's done put vegetables in pot and fry mushrooms while adding to them paprika, pepper and soy sauce. After 3 to 4 minutes put them into pot and add 0.4 to 0.5l of water. Start cooking it and when it start boiling cook it on small fire for about 15 to 20 minutes. In the meantime add paprika, soy sauce, marjoram and pepper. You also may add bouillon cube if you fear that dish would be bland. Best to taste before adding I guess.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
16-03-2017, 03:08 AM
Käsespätzle with roasted onions, scalloped with a bit of cheese. Some kind of pasta from southern Germany. Very popular here.

[Image: Kaesespaetzle_roestzwiebeln_636x385.jpg]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
16-03-2017, 03:39 AM
Too early for food now, but a friend and I are going to Burger King for lunch. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
16-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Chicken breast with paprika and ajvar:

[Image: IMG_20170316_125443.jpg]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post