What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2017, 06:17 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(25-03-2017 06:12 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 05:53 AM)adey67 Wrote:  HELP PLEASE!! Sadcryface

Ok, so tomorrow is mothers day and as mums dementia is getting worse I want to cook a very special mothers day meal. I've bought a large rib roast (beef) from our butcher, its a gorgeous joint perfectly marbled and free range it cost about £50 or $65-70 U.S and weighs 2.7 kg / 6lbs. I've looked up cooking rib roast on the internet but there are so many different ways to cook it some of which are in direct opposition to others, we want it pink in the middle but not so rare/raw that it could walk off the plate whilst still mooing.
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance
With kind regards Adey

> I've just spoken with my next door neighbor, a nice old lady with decades of cooking experience. She said, for a roast of that size, use a covered roasting pan and preheat the oven to 375°. Place the roast in the pan with a cup of water. Cook for 2-2½ hours, checking the meat thermometer occasionally.

Thanks Gwaithmir, your neighbour gave the same cooking technique as the butcher, I don't have a covered roasting tin so tinfoil will have to do. I might pop over to the conspiracy theories section I'm sure they will have plenty of tinfoil to spare. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
25-03-2017, 06:41 AM
Forszmak and marinated paprika.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
25-03-2017, 05:47 PM
What did you eat today?
I had a craving for veggies after eating too much meat the past few days. I only had a small cut of steak and didn't really want it once I got to eating. The egg roll looking thing had a carrot paste in it that tasted like sweet potatoes. The other roll things had veggies in them.

[Image: 5d7eb76e08b4dfa7961befc8ebd0624b.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like KUSA's post
25-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Lunch: BBQ chicken and a bottle of beer.

Supper: New England style clam chowder.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
25-03-2017, 07:42 PM
(25-03-2017 05:47 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I had a craving for veggies after eating too much meat the past few days. I only had a small cut of steak and didn't really want it once I got to eating. The egg roll looking thing had a carrot paste in it that tasted like sweet potatoes. The other roll things had veggies in them.

[Image: 5d7eb76e08b4dfa7961befc8ebd0624b.jpg]

Yum!
26-03-2017, 05:27 AM
What did you eat today?
Szegedian goulash - bacon, sauerkraut, pineapple, red wine and sour cream.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
26-03-2017, 06:29 AM
Still early in the day here, but for lunch I'll probably have scrambled eggs with sliced avocados. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
26-03-2017, 09:40 AM
A 6lb rib of roast beef done medium, roast potatoes asparagus mange tout gravy Dijon mustard and horseradish sauce.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
26-03-2017, 11:02 AM
(26-03-2017 09:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  A 6lb rib of roast beef done medium, roast potatoes asparagus mange tout gravy Dijon mustard and horseradish sauce.

Sounds like your rib roast was a success? Hope your mom liked it!
[+] 2 users Like mustardseed's post
26-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Going to be having jenny's worst nightmare tonight. Meatloaf Big Grin

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post