What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2017, 06:56 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(07-05-2017 06:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 06:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It was basically just this recipe plus a couple tablespoons of maple. For clarification, I didn't really add extra gluten. I just said that to make fun of the anti gluten paranoia trend Tongue
http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-breakfa...ges-456446

Drooling I am so making these Thumbsup Did you guys use chickpea or soy flour?

I went gluten-free for a bit. It lasted a few days and then I bought an extra gluten pizza and ate the whole thing Wink

Chickpea. Makes for a more sausagey texture in my opinion. We dipped it in homemade tartar sauce and it was awesome. Still four more left for tomorrow.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-05-2017, 06:58 PM
(07-05-2017 06:52 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 06:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It was basically just this recipe plus a couple tablespoons of maple. For clarification, I didn't really add extra gluten. I just said that to make fun of the anti gluten paranoia trend Tongue
http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-breakfa...ges-456446

If I pay for the shipping and handling, will you send me a couple?

Not sure what customs would think of that Consider

Plus, they're mine and I'm eating them all. I may let my 5 year old have a taste if he cries enough.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-05-2017, 06:59 PM
I keep toying with the idea of going vegetarian for a month just to see what its like and if I can last out, I couldn't give up cheese and eggs though I just adore cheese and you cannot beat a big plate of scrambled eggs (no pun intended)
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
07-05-2017, 06:59 PM
What did you eat today?
Vegan sausage with maple flavor dipped in tartar sauce? That made my guts gurgle.

Edit: The tartar sauce part did.
07-05-2017, 07:01 PM
What did you eat today?
(07-05-2017 06:59 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I keep toying with the idea of going vegetarian for a month just to see what its like and if I can last out, I couldn't give up cheese and eggs though I just adore cheese and you cannot beat a big plate of scrambled eggs (no pun intended)

You can eat that as a vegetarian.
07-05-2017, 07:01 PM
(07-05-2017 06:59 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Vegan sausage with maple flavor dipped in tartar sauce? That made my guts gurgle.

Edit: The tartar sauce part did.

Wouldn't be my choice either, better than vegemite though Big Grin
07-05-2017, 07:02 PM
(07-05-2017 06:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 06:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Drooling I am so making these Thumbsup Did you guys use chickpea or soy flour?

I went gluten-free for a bit. It lasted a few days and then I bought an extra gluten pizza and ate the whole thing Wink

Chickpea. Makes for a more sausagey texture in my opinion. We dipped it in homemade tartar sauce and it was awesome. Still four more left for tomorrow.

Do you think these would taste good on a roll with peppers and onions? Or are these more of like a breakfast sausage consistency?
07-05-2017, 07:02 PM
(07-05-2017 07:01 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 06:59 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I keep toying with the idea of going vegetarian for a month just to see what its like and if I can last out, I couldn't give up cheese and eggs though I just adore cheese and you cannot beat a big plate of scrambled eggs (no pun intended)

You can eat that as a vegetarian.

True brother very true, I'd miss fish too, I love grilled trout
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
07-05-2017, 07:03 PM

Vegetarians eat cheese and eggs.
07-05-2017, 07:04 PM

I'll eat damn near anything, especially when traveling, and don't mind being an at home vegetarian. I doubt I've got enough fucks left to give to make the switch on my own, but if for some hypothetical reason I suddenly found out I could never eat meat again I don't think I'd be too distraught about it. I'm in the same boat, though. A big steak never really impressed me. But an apple with a few slices of brie is pretty much heaven.

'Murican Canadian