What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2017, 08:43 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
latte, Barbara's Puffins cereal with blueberries and almond milk

lunch is going to be leftover veggie samosas and a melon

dinner is going to be leftover chana masala and roti yum! I promised my boyfriend I'd pick him up some roasted chicken and some sides for dinner, since I got my Indian feast on for this evening Tongue Plus I don't want to share Evil_monster Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-05-2017, 11:17 AM
(14-05-2017 05:45 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  A tofu coconut milk soup and an awesome shredded papaya salad from a thai place downtown.

Rainbow Vomit Coconut In savoury dishes is an abomination, quite seriously and regardless of personal likes and dislikes, this is utterly vile. Pukesville Rainbow Vomit You must have the stomach of an eater of rotten carrion. Rainbow Vomit
15-05-2017, 11:22 AM
(15-05-2017 11:17 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 05:45 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  A tofu coconut milk soup and an awesome shredded papaya salad from a thai place downtown.

Rainbow Vomit Coconut In savoury dishes is an abomination, quite seriously and regardless of personal likes and dislikes, this is utterly vile. Pukesville Rainbow Vomit You must have the stomach of an eater of rotten carrion. Rainbow Vomit

You must never have had Thai food then because all of their curries and many of their soups are typically in coconut milk. I love them myself Smile
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
15-05-2017, 11:35 AM
(15-05-2017 11:22 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 11:17 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Rainbow Vomit Coconut In savoury dishes is an abomination, quite seriously and regardless of personal likes and dislikes, this is utterly vile. Pukesville Rainbow Vomit You must have the stomach of an eater of rotten carrion. Rainbow Vomit

You must never have had Thai food then because all of their curries and many of their soups are typically in coconut milk. I love them myself Smile

I love Thai food as long as it doesn't contain coconut in its savoury dishes, there are clear soups and beef dishes I love, I guess its the same as having to choose a vegan meal in an Indian restaurant.
15-05-2017, 11:42 AM
(15-05-2017 11:35 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 11:22 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You must never have had Thai food then because all of their curries and many of their soups are typically in coconut milk. I love them myself Smile

I love Thai food as long as it doesn't contain coconut in its savoury dishes, there are clear soups and beef dishes I love, I guess its the same as having to choose a vegan meal in an Indian restaurant.

Since many Indian dishes are vegetarian or vegan, I find it easy to have many delicious options to choose from. But everyone has their own individual tastes and preferences--what one person likes, someone else may not. That's one reason I created this thread, so I could learn about some new and different food ideas and also out of a curiosity to see what people from other parts of the world and other cultures eat on a daily basis.
15-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Risotto with dandelion greens. My son is quite proud, having picked most of them.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
15-05-2017, 11:46 AM
(15-05-2017 11:45 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Risotto with dandelion greens. My son is quite proud, having picked most of them.

Aw how cute Smile
15-05-2017, 11:54 AM
(15-05-2017 11:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 11:35 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I love Thai food as long as it doesn't contain coconut in its savoury dishes, there are clear soups and beef dishes I love, I guess its the same as having to choose a vegan meal in an Indian restaurant.

Since many Indian dishes are vegetarian or vegan, I find it easy to have many delicious options to choose from. But everyone has their own individual tastes and preferences--what one person likes, someone else may not. That's one reason I created this thread, so I could learn about some new and different food ideas and also out of a curiosity to see what people from other parts of the world and other cultures eat on a daily basis.
I know hon, I was kinda tongue in cheek to point out my dislike of coconut in savoury stuff which I detest but each to their own I'm all for individual likes and dislikes according to preference. Ones like of savoury coconut is a vomit inducing nightmare to me but I hope yo understand I would never try to control anyone's palete even if unable to understand it. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-05-2017, 12:02 PM
(15-05-2017 11:45 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Risotto with dandelion greens. My son is quite proud, having picked most of them.

My boys are grown up now but as kids I cooked a chicken underground on hot stones while camping, it was delicious they still talk about it 17 yrs on.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
15-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Chicken, dumplings, potatoes and carrots simmered in an herbal gravy. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post