What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2017, 07:16 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(29-06-2017 10:38 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Of course, Jen. Goodbyes aren't often sad anymore at my age. This one is ... but life goes on.

When all the wishin' in the world
ain't turnin' the trick, and
you go to grab the lightning
only to find it's too quick,
and you realize that one more time
your chance has slipped away

you can spend your time
and lavish your regrets
on this unhappy penchant
for the riskiest bets.
You can lay awake nights
wond'rin where it all went awry
but the riskiest bets
bring me no regrets --
I'll know I've lived
before I die.

When you're at a place where disappointment
doesn't bring you dismay --
when no matter what, there's peace in your heart --
that's a place you ought to stay.
When you already know that it's time to go
shouldn't you be gone?
Some other day, some other way
you'll find where you belong.

And if that day never comes
when you feel that you've arrived
you'll find a secret pleasure
in knowing you've survived.
And if that ain't enough
you can do it again
'cause no one knows exactly
where your road ends.

I'm sorry Hug I'm not sure exactly what you are going through-but from reading a few of your posts on the forum, I'm assuming it was a bad break up. I know how that hurts. It really is a deep pain ending things with someone who you've shared your world with, someone who lights you up inside. I've been there myself. But at the same time, you can't let it break *you.* No one has the right to make you want to do that to yourself. So get back to your sobriety today because you have the strength to do it and you have so much in life to be sober for. Don't let that one day tear you down, use it to empower yourself to get back up. All you have to do is hit the reset button and done: A new day.

I was doing a meditation recently and the teacher said that whenever you are going through hard times in life-just remember one word: "Weather." Weather, much like life, is always changing, it's in constant motion, nothing ever stays the same. While life is sad now at the thought of missing someone you love--the future could bring you someone else, someone better. Or you could get back with your ex. Or any other number of amazing things could happen. Rain only lasts for a little while.

I love these lines from the movie French Kiss:

Luc: Why are you chasing after him after what he's done to you?

Kate: Because I love him! And I'm afraid that if he doesn't come back that I'll... it'll hurt so much that I'll just shrivel up and I'll never be able to love anyone ever again.

Luc: You say that now, but... after a time, you would forget. First, you would forget his chin, and then his nose, and after a while, you would struggle to remember the exact color of his eyes, and one day you wake up and, pfft, he's gone: his voice, his smell, his face. He will have left you. And then you can begin again.

Anyway, I hope some of this helps. Stay strong. You're an amazing and talented person, hold onto that Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2017, 12:30 PM
(30-06-2017 07:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 10:38 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Of course, Jen. Goodbyes aren't often sad anymore at my age. This one is ... but life goes on.

When all the wishin' in the world
ain't turnin' the trick, and
you go to grab the lightning
only to find it's too quick,
and you realize that one more time
your chance has slipped away

you can spend your time
and lavish your regrets
on this unhappy penchant
for the riskiest bets.
You can lay awake nights
wond'rin where it all went awry
but the riskiest bets
bring me no regrets --
I'll know I've lived
before I die.

When you're at a place where disappointment
doesn't bring you dismay --
when no matter what, there's peace in your heart --
that's a place you ought to stay.
When you already know that it's time to go
shouldn't you be gone?
Some other day, some other way
you'll find where you belong.

And if that day never comes
when you feel that you've arrived
you'll find a secret pleasure
in knowing you've survived.
And if that ain't enough
you can do it again
'cause no one knows exactly
where your road ends.

I'm sorry Hug I'm not sure exactly what you are going through-but from reading a few of your posts on the forum, I'm assuming it was a bad break up. I know how that hurts. It really is a deep pain ending things with someone who you've shared your world with, someone who lights you up inside. I've been there myself. But at the same time, you can't let it break *you.* No one has the right to make you want to do that to yourself. So get back to your sobriety today because you have the strength to do it and you have so much in life to be sober for. Don't let that one day tear you down, use it to empower yourself to get back up. All you have to do is hit the reset button and done: A new day.

I was doing a meditation recently and the teacher said that whenever you are going through hard times in life-just remember one word: "Weather." Weather, much like life, is always changing, it's in constant motion, nothing ever stays the same. While life is sad now at the thought of missing someone you love--the future could bring you someone else, someone better. Or you could get back with your ex. Or any other number of amazing things could happen. Rain only lasts for a little while.

I love these lines from the movie French Kiss:

Luc: Why are you chasing after him after what he's done to you?

Kate: Because I love him! And I'm afraid that if he doesn't come back that I'll... it'll hurt so much that I'll just shrivel up and I'll never be able to love anyone ever again.

Luc: You say that now, but... after a time, you would forget. First, you would forget his chin, and then his nose, and after a while, you would struggle to remember the exact color of his eyes, and one day you wake up and, pfft, he's gone: his voice, his smell, his face. He will have left you. And then you can begin again.

Anyway, I hope some of this helps. Stay strong. You're an amazing and talented person, hold onto that Smile

My greatest fear is that I'll never be loved. But hey I get ya, and @Thump (hugs) Hug

As for breakfast, I just drove down to the resort and had 4 bacon 4 eggs sunny side up and a glass of V8

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
30-06-2017, 03:53 PM
I posted this in the Vag and Selfie thread...but I wanted to post here too, because this is my thread and I want to wish the Eating peeps a Happy Fourth! I know it's a lil early but the next few days I'm going to be running around. I hope you have a lot of good eats planned and I'd love to know what you end up making (I'm assuming BBQ or picnic style) Have a great weekend and Happy Eating!

I got some cool patriotic sunglasses to celebrate in style. Cool Tongue

[Image: 30ll26a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-06-2017, 07:07 PM
What did you eat today?
Had dinner and a movie. The theater has reclining seats.

[Image: a6186c2d7782d4a0a698b8e66f1d76f7.jpg]

[Image: d77e9dc905cc0e495c2b283b89eae39d.jpg]

[Image: fb1415d492168d5ce1cf84d05a57bf85.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
30-06-2017, 07:46 PM
(30-06-2017 07:07 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Had dinner and a movie. The theater has reclining seats.

[Image: a6186c2d7782d4a0a698b8e66f1d76f7.jpg]

[Image: d77e9dc905cc0e495c2b283b89eae39d.jpg]

[Image: fb1415d492168d5ce1cf84d05a57bf85.jpg]

Those steamed veggies look so good. What was the movie?
30-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Lunch: pork chops in herbal/sour cream gravy.

Supper: a bottle of Clamato.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
30-06-2017, 08:15 PM
(30-06-2017 08:12 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Lunch: pork chops in herbal/sour cream gravy.

Are you gearing up with your fireworks for the 4th?
30-06-2017, 08:23 PM
(30-06-2017 08:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-06-2017 08:12 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Lunch: pork chops in herbal/sour cream gravy.

Are you gearing up with your fireworks for the 4th?

> Probably tomorrow night or Sunday night. Locals usually set off their pyrotechnics on the weekend closest to the 4th. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
30-06-2017, 08:29 PM
(30-06-2017 08:23 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(30-06-2017 08:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Are you gearing up with your fireworks for the 4th?

> Probably tomorrow night or Sunday night. Locals usually set off their pyrotechnics on the weekend closest to the 4th. Smile

So is it a big neighborhood thing or do you just do your own in your yard for family and friends? Where I used to live I could literally watch the huge town firework display right from my backyard. Such a cool end to a big cookout. Yes
30-06-2017, 08:42 PM
So after my huge guac/tortilla extravaganza last night...I tried to scale back a bit today.

I ended up having a latte, a banana with walnuts, a baked potato (plain), a green pepper with lentil hummus, and then I'm just waiting on my bf so we can get our Thai food on Wink I'm getting a tofu red curry. Yum can't wait!