What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(09-12-2015 01:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 01:37 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'll eat damn near anything and enjoy it, but I'd say about 90% of what I cook is vegan. When I eat meat it's usually at a restaurant, during Army training, while traveling, friend brought some venison and I can't turn it down, or I got lazy and grabbed a can of smoked oysters Tongue My favorite restaurant in Montreal is a vegan sandwich place. So I certainly don't mind ogling over vegan cooking Smile Then again I also don't mind eating dog if the situation calls for it. Or, for that matter, balls if I happen to be driving through the Rockies.

That Aux Vivres place looks Drooling I think I'd eat everything there....and the chocolate cake Drooling Drooling Drooling Drooling

It's worth driving for that's for sure. My favorite thing they've got is the coconut bacon BLT. I have to force myself to alternate and try new things, so I only have the BLT every other time I go there.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
09-12-2015, 01:51 PM
(09-12-2015 01:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 01:30 PM)izel Wrote:  Facepalm This is a topic for food for gods sake Jenny Confused We don't talk about balls and food on the same topic Laugh out load

Um... you started it Tongue

Oh thanks MD Laugh out load I do that sometimes, I blame others ok Smile got busted here though fuck Laugh out load

(09-12-2015 01:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 01:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Um... you started it Tongue

She's a bad influence on me. I'm an Angel Laugh out load

Annnndddd now ladies and gentleman. I announce you the bull shit of the century Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
09-12-2015, 02:00 PM
(09-12-2015 01:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 01:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That Aux Vivres place looks Drooling I think I'd eat everything there....and the chocolate cake Drooling Drooling Drooling Drooling

It's worth driving for that's for sure. My favorite thing they've got is the coconut bacon BLT. I have to force myself to alternate and try new things, so I only have the BLT every other time I go there.

Yum Drooling

What do bull testicles taste like anyway? I've seen them on Weird Food shows on the Food Network. I won't ever be eating those of course--but just curious what something like that would even taste like?
09-12-2015, 02:01 PM
(09-12-2015 02:00 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 01:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's worth driving for that's for sure. My favorite thing they've got is the coconut bacon BLT. I have to force myself to alternate and try new things, so I only have the BLT every other time I go there.

Yum Drooling

What do bull testicles taste like anyway? I've seen them on Weird Food shows on the Food Network. I won't ever be eating those of course--but just curious what something like that would even taste like?

If I had to draw a comparison I'd say fried clam strips. That was what I thought of the first time I tried them, anyway.

'Murican Canadian
09-12-2015, 02:02 PM
(09-12-2015 01:34 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 01:30 PM)izel Wrote:  Facepalm This is a topic for food for gods sake Jenny Confused We don't talk about balls and food on the same topic Laugh out load

Let's join the two and talk about meatballs.

Angel

...or beans and franks. Or cantaloupes.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-12-2015, 02:05 PM
(09-12-2015 02:01 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 02:00 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yum Drooling

If I had to draw a comparison I'd say fried clam strips. That was what I thought of the first time I tried them, anyway.

Hmmm. When I was a meat eater years ago, being from MA, I loved fried clams. If Chas comes in here, he probably knows about Kelly's at Revere Beach. Best fried clam rolls ever!

http://www.kellysroastbeef.com/
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-12-2015, 02:09 PM
(09-12-2015 02:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 02:01 PM)yakherder Wrote:  If I had to draw a comparison I'd say fried clam strips. That was what I thought of the first time I tried them, anyway.

Hmmm. When I was a meat eater years ago, being from MA, I loved fried clams. If Chas comes in here, he probably knows about Kelly's at Revere Beach. Best fried clam rolls ever!

For a while my grandparents actually nicknamed me clam boy lol. I'd spend hours out on the beach digging up clams, and I'd order steamed clams by the bucket at restaurants. The Space Needle had a gigantic steamed clam bucket "appetizer". Getting all nostalgic again Tongue

'Murican Canadian
09-12-2015, 02:12 PM
(09-12-2015 02:09 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 02:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hmmm. When I was a meat eater years ago, being from MA, I loved fried clams. If Chas comes in here, he probably knows about Kelly's at Revere Beach. Best fried clam rolls ever!

For a while my grandparents actually nicknamed me clam boy lol. I'd spend hours out on the beach digging up clams, and I'd order steamed clams by the bucket at restaurants. The Space Needle had a gigantic steamed clam bucket "appetizer". Getting all nostalgic again Tongue

That sounds like my brothers. They go clamming all the time--well that and digging for quahogs. You'd probably like quahogs if you like clams and oysters. Usually you make them baked stuffed. My brothers also put some linguica on top.

Clam boy, huh. Laugh out load
09-12-2015, 02:17 PM
See bad shit happens when I talk about balls in food topic. My car won't start, and I have to be at work in like 30 minutes. Nothing is open at this time either, we're hosting a wedding and this shit sucks Hobo Allah is punishing me right now

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
09-12-2015, 02:27 PM
(09-12-2015 02:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 02:09 PM)yakherder Wrote:  For a while my grandparents actually nicknamed me clam boy lol. I'd spend hours out on the beach digging up clams, and I'd order steamed clams by the bucket at restaurants. The Space Needle had a gigantic steamed clam bucket "appetizer". Getting all nostalgic again Tongue

That sounds like my brothers. They go clamming all the time--well that and digging for quahogs. You'd probably like quahogs if you like clams and oysters. Usually you make them baked stuffed. My brothers also put some linguica on top.

Clam boy, huh. Laugh out load

More random nostalgia: My stepfather's beach (the one in Washington state) had these giant concrete pipes he had moved into the bay to mark his property out into the water. In fact, looking at googlemaps out of curiosity, I can still see them. Apparently the tide is out in their picture. He'd walk along the beach and toss any oysters he came across into the pipes. More often than not they'd just stay there, and over the years he built up quite a "farm" lol. So... Whenever I wanted an oyster (or 10) it was simply a matter of going down to the beach and grabbing a handful.

Google Earth image of concrete pipes marking our water Tongue

As you can see, there is a lot of beach for digging around where I grew up.

'Murican Canadian