What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2015, 02:42 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(09-12-2015 02:27 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 02:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That sounds like my brothers. They go clamming all the time--well that and digging for quahogs. You'd probably like quahogs if you like clams and oysters. Usually you make them baked stuffed. My brothers also put some linguica on top.

Clam boy, huh. Laugh out load

More random nostalgia: My stepfather's beach (the one in Washington state) had these giant concrete pipes he had moved into the bay to mark his property out into the water. In fact, looking at googlemaps out of curiosity, I can still see them. Apparently the tide is out in their picture. He'd walk along the beach and toss any oysters he came across into the pipes. More often than not they'd just stay there, and over the years he built up quite a "farm" lol. So... Whenever I wanted an oyster (or 10) it was simply a matter of going down to the beach and grabbing a handful.

Google Earth image of concrete pipes marking our water Tongue

As you can see, there is a lot of beach for digging around where I grew up.

Fox Island via Google maps kind of reminds me of Cape Cod. We had a summer home in Cape Cod--so lots of clam digging there too. I remember going on our boat to this sand bar that would appear based on the tides in the middle of the ocean. They would have these huge white soft clam shells that would be scattered all over the beach. I used to collect them and put them in a glass jar. I want some now for my house to put on my fireplace mantel.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-12-2015, 04:44 PM
What did you eat today?
I had a bagel and McDonalds so far. I eat pasta most every day!
[+] 1 user Likes musicharmony87's post
09-12-2015, 07:01 PM
So far I just had a banana and pistachio butter and an almond latte. But I ate a late dinner last night--a huge ass plate of pasta so I wasn't really hungry today. I'm going to have a grilled portobello "burger" for dinner with some watermelon. Having some peppermint tea now.
09-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Two slices of toast with raspberry jam. A bottle of water and a coffee.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-12-2015, 09:25 PM
(09-12-2015 07:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Two slices of toast with raspberry jam. A bottle of water and a coffee.
The same except with Huckleberry jam and two coffees. Chicken salad for dinner.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 2 users Like OhDannyBoy's post
09-12-2015, 11:45 PM
(09-12-2015 09:25 PM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 07:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Two slices of toast with raspberry jam. A bottle of water and a coffee.
The same except with Huckleberry jam and two coffees. Chicken salad for dinner.

DJ

The same except no toast, jam or chicken salad...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
10-12-2015, 12:31 AM
I had a moment of weekness at the grocery store and fudge striped cookies somehow ended up in my cart.

And they're just as yummy as I remember from my childhood... Smile

[Image: 476.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
10-12-2015, 08:20 AM
(10-12-2015 12:31 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I had a moment of weekness at the grocery store and fudge striped cookies somehow ended up in my cart.

And they're just as yummy as I remember from my childhood... Smile

I remember those Tongue My favorite treat from my childhood: Sno-cones from my Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine Big Grin

Vintage Laugh out load

11-12-2015, 06:15 AM
I had a muffin toasted with jam and a coffee. I than had a late lunch/dinner around 4.30. The dinner was a beautiful fettucine marinara and garlic bread with a can of coke zero.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-12-2015, 06:34 AM
I've acquired the bad habit of only eating one meal a day (usually junk food during lunch break) in the last few months. Today it was hot strips from KFC and a chicken burger from McDonalds.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post