What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2017, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 09:13 AM by adey67.)
RE: What did you eat today?
Sea bass with potato wedges. Reminds me of a joke......

Q) What's a fishes' favourite sexual activity ?

A) Bass to mouth & watersports.

Laugh out load Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-07-2017, 08:06 PM
Going out for some yummy Italian food Smile

Had latte earlier, container of raspberries and some raw walnut butter. Didn't get a chance to eat much today-but will definitely enjoy myself at dinner Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-07-2017, 08:11 PM
Roasted our first of the butternut squash. It was YUM, YUM. Some pitiful green beans from the garden too. And cucumber. Time to make more pickles. Anybody got a good, VERY NEWBIE thorough recipe for bread and butter pickles? Like pickling for dummies?

My grandmother used to make the BEST pickled watermelon rind. I've never tried to grow any melons. Cantaloupe seems to do very well in this area. Maybe next year.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
21-07-2017, 08:12 PM
(21-07-2017 08:11 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Roasted our first of the butternut squash. It was YUM, YUM. Some pitiful green beans from the garden too. And cucumber. Time to make more pickles. Anybody got a good, VERY NEWBIE thorough recipe for bread and butter pickles? Like pickling for dummies?

My grandmother used to make the BEST pickled watermelon rind. I've never tried to grow any melons. Cantaloupe seems to do very well in this area. Maybe next year.

Oh yum, can I have the recipe for the butternut squash?
21-07-2017, 08:14 PM
B: blueberry scone, iced coffee
L: homemade guac and blue corn chips
D: bought some fresh noodles, mixed it with a homemade sauce. and a salad 100% from the garden.
I love summer food so much!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
21-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Sure. It's really simple. Preheat oven to 400. Put a small amount of olive oil in a bowl along with a little salt and pepper and powdered garlic and Morton's Nature's Seasoning Blend (or pretty much any version of Mrs Dash). Cube the squash and stir it in the bowl, spray a little oven spray on a cookie sheet and spread the squash on it. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of chopped onion through it and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. When it starts getting golden brown on top turn off the oven and leave it in for another five minutes. The key here is that less is more. Less olive oil and less seasoning than you would think. You can always add more seasoning after it's cooked.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
21-07-2017, 08:43 PM
(21-07-2017 08:14 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  B: blueberry scone, iced coffee
L: homemade guac and blue corn chips
D: bought some fresh noodles, mixed it with a homemade sauce. and a salad 100% from the garden.
I love summer food so much!

Yum! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-07-2017, 08:44 PM
(21-07-2017 08:22 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Sure. It's really simple. Preheat oven to 400. Put a small amount of olive oil in a bowl along with a little salt and pepper and powdered garlic and Morton's Nature's Seasoning Blend (or pretty much any version of Mrs Dash). Cube the squash and stir it in the bowl, spray a little oven spray on a cookie sheet and spread the squash on it. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of chopped onion through it and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. When it starts getting golden brown on top turn off the oven and leave it in for another five minutes. The key here is that less is more. Less olive oil and less seasoning than you would think. You can always add more seasoning after it's cooked.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to make this!
22-07-2017, 05:21 AM
Oyster mushrooms tripe soup.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
22-07-2017, 06:19 AM
Y'all ain't gonna believe this.

I had yak steaks and fried eggs at work for my overnight shift "breakfast". There's a farm that raises them about an hour west of Ottawa and I had a coworker pick me up some. Naturally, I store and cook it at work since that would freak out my girlfriend.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post