What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2015, 06:37 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(11-12-2015 06:34 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I've acquired the bad habit of only eating one meal a day (usually junk food during lunch break) in the last few months. Today it was hot strips from KFC and a chicken burger from McDonalds.

Like the warrior diet, except with fast food instead of food Tongue

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2015, 10:21 AM
(11-12-2015 06:37 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 06:34 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I've acquired the bad habit of only eating one meal a day (usually junk food during lunch break) in the last few months. Today it was hot strips from KFC and a chicken burger from McDonalds.

Like the warrior diet, except with fast food instead of food Tongue

I had to google the warrior diet Tongue I agree with the part about not eating a big lunch in the middle of the day--definitely makes me sleepy. How do you avoid being hungry during the undereating phase? I've done those Hollywood lemon detox diet things (like Beyonce Hobo ) and I was ready to strangle somebody. Big Grin
11-12-2015, 10:48 AM
(11-12-2015 10:21 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 06:37 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Like the warrior diet, except with fast food instead of food Tongue

I had to google the warrior diet Tongue I agree with the part about not eating a big lunch in the middle of the day--definitely makes me sleepy. How do you avoid being hungry during the undereating phase? I've done those Hollywood lemon detox diet things (like Beyonce Hobo ) and I was ready to strangle somebody. Big Grin

I don't follow the warrior diet, but I do fast on occasion (though not for the same reasons most people do). My experience has been that hunger is largely based on habit, at least for those of us in the 1st world who are statistically more likely to die from obesity related complications than from malnutrition. If you've spent your life eating several meals per day then one day switch to a single meal per day plan, your body will protest big time. Stick with it for a while and you quickly adapt, especially if you have something else going on as a distraction.

When I'm in a cutting phase of my fitness cycle, I follow something based loosely on the leangains model where I do my workout in a fasted state around noon, with my first and biggest (and most protein dense) meal being a post workout lunch at around 1pm.

If I do a more extended fast, it's usually for psychological reasons. I just want to be used to it so I'm not distracted by hunger if I'm forced to go without eating when it actually matters Smile

I'm probably micromanaging my eating routine way more than is necessary, and adhering to a lot of bullshit bro-science in the process. But meh, it works and I'm used to it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-12-2015, 10:58 AM
(11-12-2015 10:48 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 10:21 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I had to google the warrior diet Tongue I agree with the part about not eating a big lunch in the middle of the day--definitely makes me sleepy. How do you avoid being hungry during the undereating phase? I've done those Hollywood lemon detox diet things (like Beyonce Hobo ) and I was ready to strangle somebody. Big Grin

I don't follow the warrior diet, but I do fast on occasion (though not for the same reasons most people do). My experience has been that hunger is largely based on habit, at least for those of us in the 1st world who are statistically more likely to die from obesity related complications than from malnutrition. If you've spent your life eating several meals per day then one day switch to a single meal per day plan, your body will protest big time. Stick with it for a while and you quickly adapt, especially if you have something else going on as a distraction.

When I'm in a cutting phase of my fitness cycle, I follow something based loosely on the leangains model where I do my workout in a fasted state around noon, with my first and biggest (and most protein dense) meal being a post workout lunch at around 1pm.

If I do a more extended fast, it's usually for psychological reasons. I just want to be used to it so I'm not distracted by hunger if I'm forced to go without eating when it actually matters Smile

I'm probably micromanaging my eating routine way more than is necessary, and adhering to a lot of bullshit bro-science in the process. But meh, it works and I'm used to it.

I'm sure this also helps curb hunger:

"No calories are to be ingested during the fasted phase, though coffee, calorie free sweeteners, diet soda and sugar free gum are ok (even though they might contain trace amount of calories). A tiny splash of milk in your coffee won’t affect anything either (½-1 teaspoon of milk per cup at the most - use sparingly and sensibly if you drink a lot of coffee). Neither will sugar free gum in moderation (~20 g)."

Whenever I drink tea or coffee or chew gum--or even drink sparkling mineral water, I feel full for a bit after even if I haven't had anything to eat.
11-12-2015, 11:14 AM
(11-12-2015 10:58 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 10:48 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't follow the warrior diet, but I do fast on occasion (though not for the same reasons most people do). My experience has been that hunger is largely based on habit, at least for those of us in the 1st world who are statistically more likely to die from obesity related complications than from malnutrition. If you've spent your life eating several meals per day then one day switch to a single meal per day plan, your body will protest big time. Stick with it for a while and you quickly adapt, especially if you have something else going on as a distraction.

I'm sure this also helps curb hunger:

"No calories are to be ingested during the fasted phase, though coffee, calorie free sweeteners, diet soda and sugar free gum are ok (even though they might contain trace amount of calories). A tiny splash of milk in your coffee won’t affect anything either (½-1 teaspoon of milk per cup at the most - use sparingly and sensibly if you drink a lot of coffee). Neither will sugar free gum in moderation (~20 g)."

Whenever I drink tea or coffee or chew gum--or even drink sparkling mineral water, I feel full for a bit after even if I haven't had anything to eat.

Not much into gum, but I do usually have some black coffee or strong green tea (such as the cheap, bitter matcha, which is higher in caffeine than the more expensive stuff Tongue) in the morning... and several more times throughout the day.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Don't feel bad I ate a whole 12 piece bargain bucket yesterday
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
11-12-2015, 06:53 PM
I want chocolate Sadcryface
11-12-2015, 07:03 PM

I've been eatting one meal a day for the last 5 years.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
11-12-2015, 07:37 PM
I started out with a caramelized onion and cheddar cheese omelet, had shrimp fried rice at a Thai place my friend took me out to eat at (I did some sewing for her, she repaid me with lunch.) and having a piece of made-from-scratch German's Chocolate cake for dinner with some coffee.

Yummers! Yes

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
11-12-2015, 07:41 PM
Way more than I should have. Neighborhood dinner get together. Full plate and desert. Still full.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post