What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(30-12-2015 01:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 01:20 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Mate, five minute walk away from my flat. All the Thai food you can eat. In fact King St Newtown in Sydney has the highest concentration of Thai restaurants outside of Thailand.

Plus any other nationality one can think of. There's a terrific Nepalese place right next to a Chilean place and so on and on. Smile

Well, if you have any suggestions. I mean, I love getting Chinese take-out, but I'm also more than abundantly aware that the stuff I like the most is not actually Chinese food. General Tso's Chicken was created specifically to cater to an American palette.

Now I have tried branching out, but it's sometimes hard to justify trying something new; especially after more than a few misses. I've tried the Moo Goo Gai Pan, not a fan. Egg Drop Soup? Made me want to vomit. Beef Lo Mein or Sweet & Sour Pork? I fucking love that shit!

I love trying new foods. It's part of the fun of eating. Of course, I've had some misses, but that's all a part of exposing yourself to new types of food and finding out what you like.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-12-2015, 09:24 AM
(30-12-2015 09:18 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The pumpkin you usually see in Asia isn't the big round orange variety, it just tastes the same and, at least in China, shares the same word (nan gua, 南瓜) as your typical Halloween pumpkin. But yeah, it's quite common in real Asian food, not so much in Westernized Asian food Tongue

And if I ever make my way back to Kaohsiung (in Taiwan), the first place I'm hitting up is this vegetarian buffet attached to the Hanshin mall, called Shanghai Vegetarian Cuisine, where they have unlimited awesome pumpkin soup. Drooling

I've never had pumpkin soup, but I think it would taste amazing. Does it taste somewhat like butternut squash soup?
30-12-2015, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2015 09:37 AM by yakherder.)
(30-12-2015 09:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 09:18 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The pumpkin you usually see in Asia isn't the big round orange variety, it just tastes the same and, at least in China, shares the same word (nan gua, 南瓜) as your typical Halloween pumpkin. But yeah, it's quite common in real Asian food, not so much in Westernized Asian food Tongue

And if I ever make my way back to Kaohsiung (in Taiwan), the first place I'm hitting up is this vegetarian buffet attached to the Hanshin mall, called Shanghai Vegetarian Cuisine, where they have unlimited awesome pumpkin soup. Drooling

I've never had pumpkin soup, but I think it would taste amazing. Does it taste somewhat like butternut squash soup?

More or less, depending on what spices they throw into it.

If you ever find yourself visiting Montreal after your move to Maine, go to a restaurant called Yuan and try their pumpkin curry stew with vege seafood.

Edit: Featured in Montreal Gazette a couple years back Drooling
[Image: 7405373.jpg?size=640x420]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
30-12-2015, 09:36 AM
(30-12-2015 09:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I've never had pumpkin soup, but I think it would taste amazing.

You'd love it. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-12-2015, 10:03 AM
Pumpkin and butternut squash slow grown in England served with good stock or roasted is almost enough to turn me veggie but not good enough for sure, its best served with meat or eggs or cheese or seafood
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
30-12-2015, 10:05 AM
(30-12-2015 09:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 09:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I've never had pumpkin soup, but I think it would taste amazing. Does it taste somewhat like butternut squash soup?

More or less, depending on what spices they throw into it.

If you ever find yourself visiting Montreal after your move to Maine, go to a restaurant called Yuan and try their pumpkin curry stew with vege seafood.

That looks very drool worthy Drooling what are the white things? Potatoes?
30-12-2015, 10:06 AM
(30-12-2015 09:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 09:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I've never had pumpkin soup, but I think it would taste amazing.

You'd love it. Smile

Well I'm gonna have to try it now Tongue
30-12-2015, 11:11 AM
(30-12-2015 10:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 09:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  More or less, depending on what spices they throw into it.

That looks very drool worthy Drooling what are the white things? Potatoes?

Taro root. If you haven't had taro before, as a root it is indeed potatoish.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-12-2015, 11:18 AM
(30-12-2015 11:11 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 10:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  That looks very drool worthy Drooling what are the white things? Potatoes?

Taro root. If you haven't had taro before, as a root it is indeed potatoish.

This one place in CA has taro sorbet. They have a lot of odd flavors. It is actually really good.
30-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Stuffed myself with chocolate again, but still going out for beer and curry.
[+] 1 user Likes Thewonderer's post