What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(31-12-2015 12:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I had an interesting time of it thus far today. I awoke at 9.30 after finally sleeping at 6 am. Had cereal coffee and Metamucil. Then vomited it all up and went back to bed. Big Grin

I then got up around one and had Korean noodles and side dishes, kimchi, radish etc for the heat to wake me.

This New years evening later I must attend a dinner with possibly the most boring man alive. At least he's baking fresh bread. I have no idea what dinner will be. Imagine being on the phone with someone and it takes an hour to end the call. Then you'll get the idea. Wink

I hope u r feeling better now Hug Hopefully that dinner won't be too bad. The bread sounds good though Smile

Oh I feel fine. I learned a lesson, NEVER drink Metamucill on an empty stomach. Have breakfast first. Smile

New year's eve here now and I at least get a free dinner. Yesterday I got a free lunch. I'm on a roll. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
31-12-2015, 12:18 AM
(30-12-2015 07:23 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 05:46 PM)skyking Wrote:  chex with banana and almond silk.
PBJ on Dave's with home canned pear preserves.

Pear preserves Drooling

I love making and eating the pear. We tossed out nectar, but this year a friend will make some mead with it.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
31-12-2015, 12:40 AM
(31-12-2015 12:12 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(31-12-2015 12:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I hope u r feeling better now Hug Hopefully that dinner won't be too bad. The bread sounds good though Smile

Oh I feel fine. I learned a lesson, NEVER drink Metamucill on an empty stomach. Have breakfast first. Smile

New year's eve here now and I at least get a free dinner. Yesterday I got a free lunch. I'm on a roll. Wink

Free food sounds good to me Wink. I'm having a New Year's Eve party at my house tomorrow night and am going to make some appetizers and of course, we will have plenty of drinks Tongue.

For appetizers I'm making my baked stuffed mushrooms ( they were a hit on Xmas eve), bruschetta, cheese (dairy and nondairy) and crackers, olive tapenade, date nut rolls, and a mediterranean quinoa salad.
31-12-2015, 12:42 AM
(31-12-2015 12:18 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 07:23 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Pear preserves Drooling

I love making and eating the pear. We tossed out nectar, but this year a friend will make some mead with it.

That sounds so good. I would love to make my own preserves.
31-12-2015, 12:57 AM
pear is very very easy. Peel, cut out seeds and chunk into a pot. They start melting pretty quick. Keep stirring. They keep cooking down and nectar is on top. ladle that off and give to your winemaking friends. Keep cooking and stirring, be careful not to burn. Add very little sugar if any to taste, depending on the pear. Ladle into jars and water bath or pressure cooker to seal.
It is shocking how many pears go into a pot. they really cook down and give up the essence of pear.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
31-12-2015, 07:23 AM
(31-12-2015 12:57 AM)skyking Wrote:  pear is very very easy. Peel, cut out seeds and chunk into a pot. They start melting pretty quick. Keep stirring. They keep cooking down and nectar is on top. ladle that off and give to your winemaking friends. Keep cooking and stirring, be careful not to burn. Add very little sugar if any to taste, depending on the pear. Ladle into jars and water bath or pressure cooker to seal.
It is shocking how many pears go into a pot. they really cook down and give up the essence of pear.

I will definitely need to give this a try Thumbsup
31-12-2015, 08:29 AM
Was out on a boys curry night last night, feeling a bit rough but out again tonight for pizza with the kids.

Life in the fast lane!!
[+] 2 users Like Thewonderer's post
31-12-2015, 08:37 AM
(31-12-2015 12:57 AM)skyking Wrote:  pear is very very easy. Peel, cut out seeds and chunk into a pot. They start melting pretty quick. Keep stirring. They keep cooking down and nectar is on top. ladle that off and give to your winemaking friends. Keep cooking and stirring, be careful not to burn. Add very little sugar if any to taste, depending on the pear. Ladle into jars and water bath or pressure cooker to seal.

Pears are great. I have 3 pear trees, different varieties, and a lot of them are eaten before they ever make it to the house. There are so many deserts you can make with pears that are sweet and still sugar free, not to mention simply popping one in the micro or throw it in the oven with anything you happen to roast...

Lazy, good dinners for me are often a piece of fish or chicken or other meat, a bunch of colorful veggies and a piece of fruit, all popped on a baking sheet in a hot oven. Simple, fast and delicious.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Cold cuts including pastrami Parma ham & turkey, with baked potatoes and a plate of mixed pickles & tomatoes. Tomorrow its roast duck marinated with hoisin sauce potatoes and collard greens.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
31-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Planning on reverting to a simpler diet today. Will start with oatmeal and then probably have a chickpea salad.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post