What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2016, 10:45 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(02-01-2016 10:15 AM)skyking Wrote:  mmmmn cheese board. Stilton is my favorite but I like them all.
we had adells sausage, scrambled eggs and pancakes with marionberry jam topping.
The jam was from a friend's factory, and he left out too much pectin or sugar and it really WAS topping, LOL. He warned me when he gave it to me.
My cheese board is almost exclusively stilton I love it !
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
02-01-2016, 10:50 AM
(02-01-2016 10:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I broke down and had a rare food day on Thursday.

Went to a well known restaurant here in Dallas and put a big dent in the gift card I received for Christmas.

I had a filet mignon that was absolutely perfectly cooked and a grilled lobster tail. I took one bite out of the potatoes and pushed the asparagus to the side (I don't care for asparagus) and went full carnivore. It will probably be another year before I have a meal like that. I really haven't eaten much since, I am still full. Big Grin

Also brought home a turtle fudge brownie with extra caramel sauce that was a sugar coma on a plate but was delicious. I cut it in half and shared the other half but was still only able to a portion of my piece.
Whaat!!!! No asparagus you goddamn heathen!!! How can you not like asparagus? It should be punishable by death to waste asparagus OMG I cant believe I am hearing this !!!! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
02-01-2016, 10:54 AM
(02-01-2016 10:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-01-2016 10:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I broke down and had a rare food day on Thursday.

Went to a well known restaurant here in Dallas and put a big dent in the gift card I received for Christmas.

I had a filet mignon that was absolutely perfectly cooked and a grilled lobster tail. I took one bite out of the potatoes and pushed the asparagus to the side (I don't care for asparagus) and went full carnivore. It will probably be another year before I have a meal like that. I really haven't eaten much since, I am still full. Big Grin

Also brought home a turtle fudge brownie with extra caramel sauce that was a sugar coma on a plate but was delicious. I cut it in half and shared the other half but was still only able to a portion of my piece.
Whaat!!!! No asparagus you goddamn heathen!!! How can you not like asparagus? It should be punishable by death to waste asparagus OMG I cant believe I am hearing this !!!! Tongue

Well, it' not a favorite of mine and the steak and lobster were so good that I didn't want to take up room in my stomach with it. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
02-01-2016, 10:55 AM
(02-01-2016 10:45 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-01-2016 10:15 AM)skyking Wrote:  mmmmn cheese board. Stilton is my favorite but I like them all.
we had adells sausage, scrambled eggs and pancakes with marionberry jam topping.
The jam was from a friend's factory, and he left out too much pectin or sugar and it really WAS topping, LOL. He warned me when he gave it to me.

I thought Adele had a pussy not a sausageTongue
02-01-2016, 10:57 AM
(02-01-2016 10:54 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-01-2016 10:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Whaat!!!! No asparagus you goddamn heathen!!! How can you not like asparagus? It should be punishable by death to waste asparagus OMG I cant believe I am hearing this !!!! Tongue

Well, it' not a favorite of mine and the steak and lobster were so good that I didn't want to take up room in my stomach with it. Tongue

I forgive you because you are lovelyHeart
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
02-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Still going nuts with the tamarind. I tend to make it in huge portions due to cleanup being such a pain in the ass.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
02-01-2016, 01:40 PM
(02-01-2016 10:45 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
I do like the applewood smoked cheddar too.
02-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Today I had an almond latte Big Grin, a pb j and banana bagel from the bagel place I am addicted to, a veggie burger, sweet potato fries, and a blackberry Izze. I'm going to make something healthy for dinner. I read Yak's earlier post about a millet pie, so I decided to *attempt* to make that for dinner. I found a good recipe that uses millet, polenta, spinach, Daiya cream cheese, and sesame seeds. Here's what it's supposed to look like when finished. Whether mine will resemble this or not who knows Hobo Laugh out load

[Image: millet-pie.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
02-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Did a bit of post Xmas shopping and it was six PM by the time we were headed home, so we stopped at a pizza place. They had an new sign out saying Calzone. Now since that means panties in Spanish and that is where we live a Spanish speaking country it was drawing quite a crowd gawking and remarking. SO we ordered one. A big stromboli came out of the kitchen. Glad we just ordered one for both of us. It had everything including sweet corn on it!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
02-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Went to a local diner called Tiny's and had the Tiny Burger.

A half-pound burger with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, mayo, accompanied by fries.

I asked for it medium rare and for the fries to be cooked a little extra so they'd brown.

It was all perfect. Drooling

Waitress got a good tip, and sent my thanks to the cook.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post