What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
I'm eating a burrito now. and tortilla chips. and guacamole. and drinking beer. Not exactly healthy but I had quinoa for lunch so I'm allowed Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-01-2016, 11:41 PM
It's breakfast time, so breakfast cereal... Some kinda space age stuff called "Futurelife"... It's not terrible tasting and you don't have to have it with milk...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-01-2016, 11:51 PM
I had an epiphany today.

I had a bag of cole slaw mix (green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots) in the fridge, it needed to be used up so I took half and made some slaw with green onions, mayo, lemon juice, salt/pepper and some leftover pineapple tidbits. Surprisingly enough the pineapple went really well in it. I will have that tomorrow. Yes

Then I took half of the half left over and put it I some chicken broth (veggie broth would do as well) with green onions, instead of noodles and just before serving a few drops of toasted sesame oil. Wow another win. Big Grin

I still had a 1/4 of a bag so tonight I put that on a plate and microwaved it 3 minutes and then topped it with salt/pepper and a pat of butter. Really delish!

I don't know why I never thought to use the bagged stuff in other things besides slaw. I have thrown out countless half bags because I didn't use them up in time. Sad

Someone also mentioned putting it in a stir fry or fried rice. Again, another great idea. Smile

I'm slaw happy! Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
13-01-2016, 05:12 AM
Ok so last nite I started to cook up large pot (22qt.) of Rabbit Chill ..all fresh and home grown ingredients..yes the Rabbits too. This has to be cooked slowly for many hours to blend the flavors.

As a side dish will be a serving of skillet Kale chips,...baked Yams garnished with real butter and clover honey....and my Wife will make fresh bread from the sourdough batch that's waiting in the fridge.
I have a large stash of homegrown Cayenne peppers that will top of the bowl of chilli along with a pinch or two of shredded cheese. And for sure several chilled bottles of tasty Mexican Brew to wash all that down...

It's 6 am. is that too early to eat the evening meal? Smile
[+] 2 users Like John Silver's post
13-01-2016, 05:40 AM
Geez, all I had was a muesli bar and later sushi. And I spilt the soy sauce!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Well, honey and applesauce is an amazing combination on a bagel, too.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
13-01-2016, 04:59 PM
(13-01-2016 01:13 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Well, honey and applesauce is an amazing combination on a bagel, too.

I like apple jam, so I'm thinking apple sauce would be pretty good on things like bagels and toast. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-01-2016, 05:00 PM
I think I''m going to roast some eggplant tonight and drizzle some tahini and lemon on it. Maybe put that over some millet since I've got a warehouse full of it Wink
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
13-01-2016, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2016 12:07 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
I'm normally not very impressed by pizza, but I was just impressed by some pizza my brother brought back from a potluck. Don't know what brand it is. Must ...exercise... portion control.

Fortunately moderation is getting easier for me.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
14-01-2016, 12:10 AM
I'm rather grapeful at the moment Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post