What did you eat today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 05:00 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
Cheerios and milk for breakfast, 2 summer rolls for dinner.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
18-01-2016, 05:34 PM
(18-01-2016 04:39 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Oatmeal, toast w/blackberry jam. Nothing too special yet. Vegetable stir fry for dinner probably.

A veggie stir fry sounds good. Maybe I'll make that Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-01-2016, 09:34 AM
My girlfriend's family has me hooked on Tony Chachere's creole seasoning. Picked some up at the grocery store the other day, and yesterday I made two chicken sandwiches out of the chicken breast I made in the oven. Threw some lettuce on it and salted it with the creole seasoning. Wonderful flavor. I love anything cajun. As a side, I fried some potatoes with an onion in some coconut oil. Used some of the TC creole on there, and man, it was so good.

I plan on trying the seasoning with some red beans in a crockpot sometime.
[+] 2 users Like UndauntedToast's post
20-01-2016, 09:37 AM
(20-01-2016 09:34 AM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  My girlfriend's family has me hooked on Tony Chachere's creole seasoning. Picked some up at the grocery store the other day, and yesterday I made two chicken sandwiches out of the chicken breast I made in the oven. Threw some lettuce on it and salted it with the creole seasoning. Wonderful flavor. I love anything cajun. As a side, I fried some potatoes with an onion in some coconut oil. Used some of the TC creole on there, and man, it was so good.

I plan on trying the seasoning with some red beans in a crockpot sometime.

That's a good idea for the beans--let me know how it comes out Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-01-2016, 10:13 AM
For dinner I had something called mexican pancakes - red beans, corn and chicken meat plus cheese. Looking at the ingredients I'm wondering form where mexican part came from but it matters little as they were more than good.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
20-01-2016, 10:15 AM
(20-01-2016 10:13 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  For dinner I had something called mexican pancakes - red beans, corn and chicken meat plus cheese. Looking at the ingredients I'm wondering form where mexican part came from but it matters little as they were more than good.

Probably from the beans, corn, and cheese as those ingredients are typically found in mexican dishes? Maybe the spices? What kind did of spices did you use?

Also do you still have that spinach pie recipe you gave me before? Tongue I lost it.
20-01-2016, 10:21 AM
(20-01-2016 10:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 10:13 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  For dinner I had something called mexican pancakes - red beans, corn and chicken meat plus cheese. Looking at the ingredients I'm wondering form where mexican part came from but it matters little as they were more than good.

Probably from the beans, corn, and cheese as those ingredients are typically found in mexican dishes? Maybe the spices? What kind did of spices did you use?

Also do you still have that spinach pie recipe you gave me before? Tongue I lost it.

I may be wrong but beans or corn doesn't scream mexican for me. As for spices it was red pepper, curry and mix of spices used to made chicken wings with honey.

I don't remember giving you spinach pie recipe. Only spinach and mushrooms, spinach and dried tomato and spinach and feta.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
20-01-2016, 10:23 AM
(20-01-2016 10:21 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 10:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Probably from the beans, corn, and cheese as those ingredients are typically found in mexican dishes? Maybe the spices? What kind did of spices did you use?

I may be wrong but beans or corn doesn't scream mexican for me. As for spices it was red pepper, curry and mix of spices used to made chicken wings with honey.

I don't remember giving you spinach pie recipe. Only spinach and mushrooms, spinach and dried tomato and spinach and feta.

It was awhile ago. Maybe you didn't call it spinach pie, it was the spinach dried tomato...
20-01-2016, 10:33 AM
(20-01-2016 10:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 10:21 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I may be wrong but beans or corn doesn't scream mexican for me. As for spices it was red pepper, curry and mix of spices used to made chicken wings with honey.

It was awhile ago. Maybe you didn't call it spinach pie, it was the spinach dried tomato...

Ah. So it would be:
- spinach (fresh would be best)
- dried tomato
- olives
- feta (not necessary)
- garlic

Add little salt, red pepper and basil. If you add feta there is no need for many spices, if not little more should be used.

Start with frying tomatoes and garlic, then olives, next spinach. Best served with rice. Also it's good without spinach, or with mushrooms added beside spinach or substituting it.

If you make it for someone else then you could add minced meat and soy sauce in place of spinach. Cinammon too would be useful when doing it with meat.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
20-01-2016, 10:34 AM
(20-01-2016 10:33 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 10:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  It was awhile ago. Maybe you didn't call it spinach pie, it was the spinach dried tomato...

Ah. So it would be:
- spinach (fresh would be best)
- dried tomato
- olives
- feta (not necessary)
- garlic

Add little salt, red pepper and basil. If you add feta there is no need for many spices, if not little more should be used.

Start with frying tomatoes and garlic, then olives, next spinach. Best served with rice. Also it's good without spinach, or with mushrooms added beside spinach or substituting it.

If you make it for someone else then you could add minced meat and soy sauce in place of spinach. Cinammon too would be useful when doing it with meat.

Thank you!