What did you get?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: What did you get?
Not exactly a Christmas present, but after almost three years of back and forth, a couple weeks ago I finally got a disability hearing date for Jan. 6th. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
24-12-2015, 10:12 PM
This year's haul (so far):

- All 9 Beethoven symphonies on vinyl (I also have them on CD with a different orchestra/conductor).

- A hopefully cat-resistant keyboard tray, already installed.

- Money.

- One pound of excellent coffee beans.

- Got a tiny little cast-iron frying pan and some brownie mix in the Secret Santa gift exchange at work.

- Have been promised Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, as soon as my friend locates a copy.

Future gift to self, once the malls settle down, will be an air purifier for My bedroom.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
24-12-2015, 10:23 PM
(24-12-2015 10:12 PM)Astreja Wrote:  This year's haul (so far):

- All 9 Beethoven symphonies on vinyl (I also have them on CD with a different orchestra/conductor).

- A hopefully cat-resistant keyboard tray, already installed.

- Money.

- One pound of excellent coffee beans.

- Got a tiny little cast-iron frying pan and some brownie mix in the Secret Santa gift exchange at work.

- Have been promised Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, as soon as my friend locates a copy.

Future gift to self, once the malls settle down, will be an air purifier for My bedroom.

I'm totally curious about this cat resistant keyboard...

Smile Care to explain?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-12-2015, 10:25 PM
(24-12-2015 04:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I got a rock.

Does it sparkle?

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Two pairs of dress socks which I will wear a hole in on the first time wearing them.
A shirt from the $5.00 rack at Walmart
three $1.00 scratch offs ( non were winners )
A dollar store Christmas card
A Walmart ( again ) gift card for what I think is the bare minimal amount you can do which is $25.00

That's all.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
24-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Well, MSBB, I have this delightful but terminally needy kitteh by the name of Frey Kittehson. Over the last few months there's been a running battle between Me and Frey in the late evening, whereby he would jump on the desk, flop down on the keyboard, stomp back and forth in front of the monitor, and lie across My mousing hand (sometimes activating the scroll wheel, destroying a post in progress, or interrupting the typing of a password).

To restore the peace, I asked My daughter for a keyboard tray with a slide-out mousepad. I can now type in relative peace (although that furry little sod can still block My view of the screen) and tuck the keyboard away under the desk afterwards.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
24-12-2015, 10:31 PM
(24-12-2015 10:27 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Two pairs of dress socks which I will wear a hole in on the first time wearing them.
A shirt from the $5.00 rack at Walmart
three $1.00 scratch offs ( non were winners )
A dollar store Christmas card
A Walmart ( again ) gift card for what I think is the bare minimal amount you can do which is $25.00

That's all.

All together now...

Facepalm

24-12-2015, 10:34 PM
(24-12-2015 10:31 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Well, MSBB, I have this delightful but terminally needy kitteh by the name of Frey Kittehson. Over the last few months there's been a running battle between Me and Frey in the late evening, whereby he would jump on the desk, flop down on the keyboard, stomp back and forth in front of the monitor, and lie across My mousing hand (sometimes activating the scroll wheel, destroying a post in progress, or interrupting the typing of a password).

To restore the peace, I asked My daughter for a keyboard tray with a slide-out mousepad. I can now type in relative peace (although that furry little sod can still block My view of the screen) and tuck the keyboard away under the desk afterwards.

That's kinda awesome!

25-12-2015, 12:22 AM
I got homemade soup and trail cookies from some friends, and a homemade quiche from my boss! Apparently I'm "too skeeny" lol. Best of all my daughter sent me a framed picture of us at bridal falls from when she was six. What a great gift. Made my Christmas. Big Grin

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-12-2015, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2015 09:35 AM by evenheathen.)
I didn't get it, but my wife got a pair of huge fluffy robot slippers that make robot sounds when you walk. When I say huge, I mean huge. If you're going to do robot slippers, go big or go home.. They went big. Ridiculous....and awesome. I'm jealous.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post