What did you get?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2015, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2015 12:52 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: What did you get?
My best friend got me a birthday/Christmas gift combo yesterday at work, that being the 24th sandwiched right between my birthday on the 23rd and Xmas on the 25th. Remember that Wii U I got on the cheap for myself from work as a early birthday present (hard to beat $150 for a new Wii U with Mario Kart 8 included)? He remembered too.

[Image: n6dg5d.png]

[Image: 9780744016734]

He got me not only the killer app for the Wii U this season, but he also got me the huge tome of a full color Prima guide to go along with it. This is one of the few games that I'd actually really want one of these things for, as an old-school console JRPG is a tad harder to get a hold of a Wiki in comparison to most of the rest of my gaming on PC. Plus it's been giving me something to read here at work while I wait to get back home and start exploring the alien world of Mira. Like many JRPG's, there are layers upon layers of interlocking systems at play here, so it's great to have an at hand reference guide to what would otherwise be a very opaque set of mechanics.

In case you're wondering, he already got his birthday/Christmas gift earlier this year. I got him a New 3DS XL. Big Grin

[Image: NewN3DSXL_black.jpg]

He fucking loves The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-12-2015, 12:47 AM
(25-12-2015 12:30 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I didn't get it, but my wife got a pair of huge fluffy robot slippers that make robot sounds when you walk. When I say huge, I mean huge. If you're going to do robot slippers, go big or go home.. The went big. Ridiculous....and awesome. I'm jealous.

I'm jealous too.

A couple weeks ago, hubby asked for my shoe size. I'm worried. Rolleyes

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-12-2015, 12:51 AM
(25-12-2015 12:22 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I got homemade soup and trail cookies from some friends, and a homemade quiche from my boss! Apparently I'm "too skeeny" lol. Best of all my daughter sent me a framed picture of us at bridal falls from when she was six. What a great gift. Made my Christmas. Big Grin

Your daughter sounds like all sorts of awesome, just like her Dad. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-12-2015, 12:58 AM
(25-12-2015 12:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-12-2015 12:22 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I got homemade soup and trail cookies from some friends, and a homemade quiche from my boss! Apparently I'm "too skeeny" lol. Best of all my daughter sent me a framed picture of us at bridal falls from when she was six. What a great gift. Made my Christmas. Big Grin

Your daughter sounds like all sorts of awesome, just like her Dad. Big Grin

She is awesome. Like, unicorn awesome.

...and...Blush

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-12-2015, 01:28 AM
I got a free lunch.

Boxes of chocolates and shortbreads from 2 students.

Yay me!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
25-12-2015, 02:19 AM
Same as every year: Nothing but the stuff I bought for myself. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
25-12-2015, 05:03 AM
I really hate winter with a passion, so I decided to give myself a gift that may help alleviate that.

I bought a nice camera in the hopes that I will be more motivated to spend time outside taking wildlife and nature pics.

Now to learn how to use it, and to remember to take it with me when I step outside....Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
25-12-2015, 06:21 AM
(24-12-2015 07:32 PM)skyking Wrote:  The good doctor's opinion that the mass in my wife's thyroid is not malignant, pending confirmation from the biopsy.

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you both.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
25-12-2015, 06:22 AM
BG Tradition gold-plated ligature and mouthpiece cap. Can't wait to try it out this afternoon!
25-12-2015, 09:38 AM
I got money from various family members. I'm pretty sure my girlfriend got me dress clothes (because she is tired of me wearing t-shirts and jeans all of the time).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user