What did you get?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: What did you get?
Santa brought me a zombie strike doominator nerf blaster with four rotating barrels and a changeable hand grip!

( okay....it's technically for my son, but I'm gonna have some fun with it too Tongue )

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2015, 10:36 AM
(24-12-2015 03:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 01:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...
or exactly what you thought?

^^^ That.

I expected that Santa wouldn't be able to find me.

So sad because I've been a good boy this year.

Weeping

But it will be a sufficient gift if all my students pass their exam later today. All passed in the first two weeks so 100% for the whole trip here would be most pleasing.

Smile

Yeah, Santa can never find me either. I buy myself gifts year round, though. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
25-12-2015, 10:42 AM
I got an om necklace from my ex, a pair of diamond studs from my mom, various gift cards from friends and family, and a gift grab: I got a bottle of wine and two wine glasses. I had a good haul this Xmas Smile
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
25-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Jewelry and liquor. Now that's a family that knows how to celebrate Christmas!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-12-2015, 10:54 AM
I got a real fur winter hat, a beautiful set of glass tumblers which I've wanted for a long time, my own tv for my home workshop.......... and some sex.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-12-2015, 11:19 AM
(25-12-2015 10:54 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...and some sex.

I try to give this gift every year but my family is always like " Nooo that's gross!". Fucking ungrateful I tells ya.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
25-12-2015, 01:13 PM
All the festivities are done. It's now time for a nap, I think.

Enjoyed time with family and lots of good food.

Was nice to see the granddaughters playing with the game Pictionary...nothing to plug in, no screen, no built-in sounds. Just like when mine were young. Smile

Hope everyone is safe and content!

Love to all...well, most of you anyway. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-12-2015, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2015 06:19 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-12-2015 04:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I got a rock.

At least you didn't get a lump of coal. Be happy. Tongue

I got my great-granny's .... Haviland. Holy crap. They thought I should have it since I now have a "home", (a condo I bought with my partner this year) and she wanted it kept in the family. My great-gramps gave it to her for their wedding. Historic, (of course, only in a family way). I was speechless. I said "This has to go to one of the (girl) cousins who *entertains* ". They said, "No, she wanted you to have it ... she had you figured out before you figured yourself out". I just sat there. I was speechless. Now I have to call the damn insurance agent and see how much to insure it for. The factory was destroyed in WW2, so there were no more made, in that pattern. God damn. I remember as a very little tyke, going to breakfast, and eating on it and Thanksgiving dinner from (on ??) it, at her house.
Basically it's not a *gift*. It's a *charge*. Keeping the family connected is what she was telling me she expected me to do. An empire builder, even beyond the grave.

Seriously, the best part was, my mom comes down the steps. all dressed up, for church last night, (the one night a year I go with her to church), in her gift from my dad ...... some jewelry. She looked very nice. Very very nice. Even my little bro says "Oooooh, mom, look" (she only dresses REALLY *up* once a year, and he actually stopped playing his new game for about 5 seconds). The look on his face was priceless. That was the best gift. Seeing them surprised and content.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-12-2015, 01:31 PM
(25-12-2015 01:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I got my great-granny's .... (fuck !!!!) Haviland china. Holy shit. They thought I should have it since I now have a "home", (a condo I bought with my partner this year) and she wanted it kept in the family. My great-gramps gave it to her for their wedding. So historic, (of course, only in a family way). I was speechless. I said "But this has to go to one of the (girl) cousins who *entertains* ". They said, "No, she wanted you to have it ... she had you figured out before you figured yourself out". I just sat there. I was speechless. Now I have to call the damn insurance agent and see how much to insure it for. The factory was destroyed in WW2, so there were no more made, in that pattern. God damn. I remember as a very little tyke, going to breakfast, eating Thanksgiving dinner from (on ??) it, at her house.

Seriously, the best part was, my mom comes down the steps dressed for church last night, (the one night a year I go with her to church), in HER gift from my dad ...... some jewelry. She looked very nice. Very very nice. Even my little bro says "Oooooh, mom, look at you" (she only dresses REALLY *up* once a year, and he actually stopped playing his new game for about 5 seconds). The look on his face was priceless. That was the best gift. Seeing them surprised and content.

What a lovely and meaningful gift!

This site has lots of really old, discontinued pieces if you should find yourself needing a piece replaced.

Worse case scenario, you can buy a brand new piece from a handful of skilled artists that can make replacement pieces to match your existing set.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
25-12-2015, 01:47 PM
(25-12-2015 01:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I got my great-granny's .... (fuck !!!!) Haviland china. Holy shit. They thought I should have it since I now have a "home", (a condo I bought with my partner this year) and she wanted it kept in the family. My great-gramps gave it to her for their wedding. So historic, (of course, only in a family way). I was speechless. I said "But this has to go to one of the (girl) cousins who *entertains* ". They said, "No, she wanted you to have it ... she had you figured out before you figured yourself out". I just sat there. I was speechless. Now I have to call the damn insurance agent and see how much to insure it for. The factory was destroyed in WW2, so there were no more made, in that pattern. God damn. I remember as a very little tyke, going to breakfast, eating Thanksgiving dinner from (on ??) it, at her house.

Seriously, the best part was, my mom comes down the steps dressed for church last night, (the one night a year I go with her to church), in HER gift from my dad ...... some jewelry. She looked very nice. Very very nice. Even my little bro says "Oooooh, mom, look at you" (she only dresses REALLY *up* once a year, and he actually stopped playing his new game for about 5 seconds). The look on his face was priceless. That was the best gift. Seeing them surprised and content.

Your family sounds so great!

Glad you are having a nice holiday...hugs and love to you Bucky. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post