What difference does it make?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2012, 02:56 AM
What difference does it make?
I'm an atheist who is going to commit suicide.
Now I often read theists who post that atheists have higher suicide rates. I don't think it's true but whatever.
My suicide is not related to my atheism AT ALL. So how would religion stop me from comitting suicide? Fear of hell? Reincarnation? The thought that god has a plan for me?
I don't want to be a part of somebodies plan. And I don't like fear.
And I seen many christians in my life and I would rather not exist then be one of em.
The ONLY thing atheism does is remove fears and opens doors to non existence. But the individual has to take step into the abyss. Like me.
So how can they blame atheism for that?
I have big library at home with dawkins and krauss and others and I'm afraid people will blame atheism for my death. I guess I must write SPECIFICALLY in my suicide note that atheism SHOULD NOT BE BLAMED. I might write real reasons as well to make it clear.
Besides I will not see what will happen with my corpse after I die but I still made wishes that I will be cremated and everything will be wiped out. No funerals, no photos, nothing. Kinda funny when I can just not give a fuck.

I also checked suicide survivors forum and there are more christians who die then atheists. Possibly because there are more christians then atheists in general.
Anyway the thing I want to say is that atheism is not in any way related to suicide.
And everyone who says that it is is a moron.
Out of all atheists who commit suicide I think less then 1% is directly related to atheism.
Also even if there is a god I doubt he will torture me for suicide. Otherwise he is not a god.

Now about suicide. I don't think anything about it.
There are happy people and unhappy people. There are winners and losers.
I never really liked it here and I knew I can't live here for a long time.
I don't want anyone to commit suicide but if they want they can do that.
I want people to be happy but not everyone is going to be.
I also support natural selection. Winners survive while losers die. Might be harsh but hey I'm going to die to so I'm not bitter. If somebody can't handle this world maybe it's not good for em in the first place. But of course it's just me. I want people to be happy.
I don't think religion makes people happy either. There are other things which are much more important.
Also I think atheism is what prolonged my life. I realize finality of death so I wanted to do everything I wanted to do before I die. It's an exchange of something for nothing. But I am ready now.
Anyway that's my thoughts about it. Atheism does not cause any harm.
Have happy lives everyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2012, 05:45 AM
RE: What difference does it make?
Btw I read Sam Harris book on free will and pretty much agree with it.
When I look back at the past I can clearly see the events and causes which led me to being who I am.
I'm also glad I was born me and not somebody who is completely fucked up. Death is not the worst thing that can happen after all.
I guess I can be grateful for being so lucky.
18-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Is there anything that can be done to stop you from commiting suicide?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Assuming the stated intention is genuine, I doubt that is possible man.

It's not an easy conviction to remove from a persons mind, Vosur.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-09-2012, 05:59 AM
I wish I could do something to prevent this but I doubt I can, you know how to make an ordered text, that's a rare quality, you probably have a lot more to offer. The only thing I'd like to say, don't make this a rushed decision, if your life is too complicated and you can't stand it, before ending it you should try to change your life, like escaping to another state or city and start over, what I'm trying to say is try not to be a slave of your circumstances Wink

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
18-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Not by anyone on this forum. I did everything I thought was necessary but got unlucky I guess. I am 30 years old so I'm not a teenager anymore. Some people live more shitty lives then I do of course but I have criteria of life which is worth living and if my life is below that criteria then it is not worth living and it's too late to fix anything now.
I am 99% certain I will do it.
I just come to inform that atheism and religion are irrelevant to suicide. There are many other things which are more important.. The fear of hell stops many people from doing it but I don't think it's good that people have this fear even if they would die without it.
Atheism rocks.
And some people get unlucky and shit happens. But I would rather have all shit happen by chance then being part of somebodies plan. Rather no god then an evil one.

This is not rushed decision. It took a decade to make it.
18-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Well, before I say something jack-assed enough to earn spite, I think I'll take my leave from this thread....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-09-2012, 06:09 AM
Well I'm going to leave as well.
Anyway keep fighting for the better world with more happiness. And win in whatever it is you do.
Take care of yourselves and stay lucky.

A lot of people get unlucky unfortunately.
18-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Why tell us you are going to do it? If you wanted to talk about suicide them you could have done that without telling us that you actually planned to do it. Putting a downer on everyone's day is exactly the best way to go about things.

I would have imagined that you would want to have as little impact on others as you can with this.

I am just wondering why you felt the need to announce it to a bunch of strangers.

EDIT: Aaaand he leaves before I post my reply... goddammit.

[Image: opforum1.png]
18-09-2012, 06:12 AM
(18-09-2012 06:09 AM)Runner500 Wrote:  Well I'm going to leave as well.
Anyway keep fighting for the better world with more happiness. And win in whatever it is you do.
Take care of yourselves and stay lucky.

A lot of people get unlucky unfortunately.

as long as you're in peace (in a non religious way of course)

we'll keep fighting

[Image: sigvacachica.png]