What difference does it make?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2012, 11:24 AM
RE: What difference does it make?
Hello and welcome! Big Grin

No one is perfect, and everyone has their own field of specializations and strengths. There are no losers, and no winners. A winner in an area can be an utter loser in another area, and a loser in an area can become a great winner in another area. It takes time to find an area of strength, and if you can't, don't stop! Learn from the world around you and touch the hearts of other people. The most important thing is to not give up the spirit of curiosity and exploration.

Please reconsider, there really is so much more out there in life. It all depends whether you are willing to take the first step out.

[Image: 2012-09-11-door.jpg?9d7bd4]
[Image: 2012-02-05-ALBERT-EINSTEIN-everybody-is-...png?9d7bd4]

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like robotworld's post
18-09-2012, 11:31 AM
And on that note, I offer you Azealia Banks

I dare you to be in a suicidal mood after hearing this song Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
18-09-2012, 12:02 PM
"The revaluation of external objects brings with it a tremendous sense of confidence and inner peace. Grief, fear, envy, desire, and every form of anxiety, result from the incorrect supposition that happiness is to be found outside oneself.
Our feelings, as well as our behavior, are an expression of what seems right to us, conditioned by our judgments of value. If we correct our judgments, our feelings will be corrected as well."

I think I should add: You should only will to die, regardless of whether you view your ability to will as free or not, if it happens to be the case that you no longer will to live. Any desire to experience any of the pleasures of life, as you see them, is will to live.

Remember, something to hold on to is something to hold on to. As long as that something is there, don't ever feel like you have to let go; there is going to be another day.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
18-09-2012, 12:15 PM

18-09-2012, 12:20 PM
What difference does it make?
Hello Runner,

In your first post you wrote something that struck me: Religion doesn't make people happy. And there are other more important things in life.

I'm curious: what are they to you? What's most important to you.

If I may say, I find your posts here to be quite at odds with your claim to brain damage. I understand it feels that way from the inside. But, if you are interested in our opinion (and I hope posting here is an indication you are) then may I just say that you don't seem any more damaged than I or most people I've met. You haven't become angry or belligerent with a single one of us. You've been kind, considerate and polite with all of us. You are intelligent enough to not only read Hitchens but also to understand and appreciate its meaning and what it means to you and your life.

If I may make a suggestion, next time the sun has set on your part of the world go outside and look at the sky. Contemplate how amazing and unlikely is your very existence here with us. Contemplate your body and how utterly amazing is its construction. Contemplate your mind, no matter how damaged you may think it, and what it's capable of.

This short life of all us silly little primates is all we have. it's barely enough time for us to even realize what's really happening in the universe. One of our most important discoveries has been language so that we can pass on what a dozen generations before us have already learned for the benefit of generations of future silly little primates.

I've often thought that any single humans most prized possession are their memories. Consider at least writing about your life as it has been up to this point. Others can learn from what you have been through.

As there is no life after this, if you leave now without sharing your experience with anyone, that experience, everything that is you, will be lost forever.

Please share? Understand, I'm not suggesting you write it in here. A personal testimony, even if you never intend to share it while alive, would be a great contribution to our human story. You've participated in this with us. I'm sure we would all love to hear or read your story. Well understand if you'd rather not, but it would be most appreciated.

I say this with love, one lost human to another.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 3 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
18-09-2012, 03:00 PM
The thing to remember is that life can change drastically, out of no where, and very suddenly. I was once where you are, and although I had nothing left to live for. One phone call changed me. My future wife, who I didn't even know existed called me to ask me out. We had a class together and she had had a crush on me for some months. Anyway, that in and of itself was not enough to fulfill all of my dreams and desire, but it certainly gave me a reason to look forward to the next day. I made some bold decisions. I traveled, I learned, I am now a very happy person. In the span of a few months, I went from having a gun in my mouth, trying to summon the courage to pull the trigger, to being on track to achieve my life goals. You have lived but 30 years, you still have 45 or so years left, what if they are all happy ones? What if what happened to me happens to you. What if tomorrow you find new purpose, new meaning, and happiness? If you have nothing else to live for, then you have nothing left to really risk. Do whatever the fuck you want to do. The worst case scenario, you've confirmed you feelings, best case, you've found a GOOD reason to continue.

18-09-2012, 03:21 PM
TROLL DETECTED!

TROLL DETECTED!

TROLL DETECTED!
18-09-2012, 03:28 PM
(18-09-2012 03:21 PM)Magoo Wrote:  TROLL DETECTED!

TROLL DETECTED!

TROLL DETECTED!

I considered that. I hope you're right.

18-09-2012, 03:29 PM
(18-09-2012 03:21 PM)Magoo Wrote:  TROLL DETECTED!

TROLL DETECTED!

TROLL DETECTED!

Maybe not, I met one guy once over the internet who actually did it, he actually waited for me to say good bye... I checked in the newspaper and there he was in the obituaries Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
18-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm not going to commit suicide. I want to see what happens next.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post