RE: What do Gorillaz songs mean to you?
Also, Noodle is my favorite 2D member. Thumbsup

[Image: 4f6b62e6dc5a32bd959dfe5aaae70cad.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2016, 07:34 AM
What do Gorillaz songs mean to you?
I don't know what it is about listening to the Gorillaz but it puts me in a strange mood. It's like a nostalgic reflective mood.
30-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Gorillaz songs mean to me that I am listening to a song I never heard of that I don't really like from a band I know nothing about or ever listen to.

That is what Gorillaz songs mean to me.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
30-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Mean the continuation of blur was tarnished.

I like a remix version of that feel good song but that's all I enjoyed

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-10-2016, 12:03 AM
I'm terrible when it comes to lyrics generally. Most of the time I have no idea what the lyrics mean. It's why I prefer instrumental music.

01-10-2016, 05:41 PM
What is the meaning of this?
[Image: c3d525ec35a88ce17fb4f15f0a681f58.png]
03-10-2016, 05:43 AM
(01-10-2016 05:41 PM)KUSA Wrote:  What is the meaning of this?

This is what I think:
Murdoc has a necklace with an upside down cross. This is symbolic of defiance and anti-authoritarianism.

With that in mind, if you watch the official music video you'll see Murdoc drive past the sign that says, "Salvation, Next Exit" along with some other signs that say, "Camp Crystal" and "Overlook Hotel". Murdoc then licks his lips, grins, furrows his brows, and says, "Yeaah~" before turning towards the signs that don't lead to the church.

The, "Camp Crystal" sign may refer to drugs like crystal meth. The sign that says, "Overlook Hotel" may refer to sinful sex. Both of which don't line up with Christianity. So since Murdoc defies God, or rather, the Church with his upside down cross necklace, he turns down the highway towards drugs and sex.

He then encounters a giant freaking moose which probably doesn't have anything to do with the symbolism I just discussed.

Overall that little part of the music video about religion doesn't necessarily represent the meaning of it as a whole. I would say the video talks about personal freedom.

Earlier in the lyrics, 2-D talks about how he wants to buy Nike shoes to stay tethered to, "days he wants to lose." But then his mother tells him he must make his own shoes. And that he shouldn't dance to 'Gorillaz' in a happy mood, as if to imply that Gorillaz music is bad. (Also, nice fourth-wall break Damon Albarn)

Noodle then sings the chorus telling us to do whatever we please.
"Get the cool, get the cool shoeshine." So 2-D should get his shoes if he wants.

We then see a monkey, and his brain and tail are highlighted. 2-D sings about there being a conflict between his brain and his tail. His brain wants to do one thing and his tail another. We should listen to our brains, not our tails.

The UFO and the giant moose don't mean anything that I can think of other than humor. How's that for a music-video synopsis? Smartass
04-10-2016, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 04:40 AM by Cumulus.)
(30-09-2016 06:52 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  No love for 19-2000, Tomorrow Comes Today, or El Mañana?

19-2000 took a while to grow on me. Its good now but a couple years earlier it was meh. Tomorrow Comes Today is meh. El Mañana is okay.

(30-09-2016 07:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, Noodle is my favorite 2D member. Thumbsup

[Image: 4f6b62e6dc5a32bd959dfe5aaae70cad.jpg]

Noodle is pretty awesome I suppose. My favorite character would have to be 2-D because he resonates with my soul (in the metaphorical sense, I don't believe in souls) the most where as the other characters are fun but don't connect to me.

Then it's tied with Murdoc and Noodle. Russell comes last because I'm racist because he doesn't have much characterization. Heck, I like the Ghost Rapper better.
04-10-2016, 05:09 AM
(03-10-2016 05:43 AM)Cumulus Wrote:  
(01-10-2016 05:41 PM)KUSA Wrote:  What is the meaning of this?

This is what I think:
Murdoc has a necklace with an upside down cross. This is symbolic of defiance and anti-authoritarianism.

With that in mind, if you watch the official music video you'll see Murdoc drive past the sign that says, "Salvation, Next Exit" along with some other signs that say, "Camp Crystal" and "Overlook Hotel". Murdoc then licks his lips, grins, furrows his brows, and says, "Yeaah~" before turning towards the signs that don't lead to the church.

The, "Camp Crystal" sign may refer to drugs like crystal meth. The sign that says, "Overlook Hotel" may refer to sinful sex. Both of which don't line up with Christianity. So since Murdoc defies God, or rather, the Church with his upside down cross necklace, he turns down the highway towards drugs and sex.

He then encounters a giant freaking moose which probably doesn't have anything to do with the symbolism I just discussed.

Overall that little part of the music video about religion doesn't necessarily represent the meaning of it as a whole. I would say the video talks about personal freedom.

Earlier in the lyrics, 2-D talks about how he wants to buy Nike shoes to stay tethered to, "days he wants to lose." But then his mother tells him he must make his own shoes. And that he shouldn't dance to 'Gorillaz' in a happy mood, as if to imply that Gorillaz music is bad. (Also, nice fourth-wall break Damon Albarn)

Noodle then sings the chorus telling us to do whatever we please.
"Get the cool, get the cool shoeshine." So 2-D should get his shoes if he wants.

We then see a monkey, and his brain and tail are highlighted. 2-D sings about there being a conflict between his brain and his tail. His brain wants to do one thing and his tail another. We should listen to our brains, not our tails.

The UFO and the giant moose don't mean anything that I can think of other than humor. How's that for a music-video synopsis? Smartass

That's pretty darn good.