What do Richard Dawkins and the Intelligent Design movement have in common?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-03-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: What do Richard Dawkins and the Intelligent Design movement have in common?
(01-03-2013 04:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 04:12 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Read the post exchange again. It more closely resembles your example of an Ad Hominem than your example of an insult.

He was basically telling Clyde he shouldn't listen to my counter argument(to clydes argument) because I am incapable of being correct. I admit I often mis-use "Ad Hominem" and I am sure you can correctly call me out on it somewhere....but not here. This is clear cut case of it.

Nope, you wrong. He never stated that you were wrong because you were an OBTUSE FUCKING MORON. He said you were wrong AND you were a fucking moron. He's implying a correlation, not a causation.

Therefore, no ad Hominem.
You don't know what an ad hominem attack is. He was clearly trying to invalidate my argument by attacking me. The fact that he also tried to invalidate my argument by other means is irrelavent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 04:26 PM
(01-03-2013 04:23 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 04:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Nope, you wrong. He never stated that you were wrong because you were an OBTUSE FUCKING MORON. He said you were wrong AND you were a fucking moron. He's implying a correlation, not a causation.

You don't know what an ad hominem attack is. He was clearly trying to invalidate my argument by attacking me. The fact that he also tried to invalidate my argument by other means is irrelavent.

No he wasn't. You can moan and bitch all you want but he wasn't invalidating your argument by insulting you. He stated you were wrong, and the proceeded to insult you. He never said your argument was wrong because your a moron or any other thing.

Clearly? Please show me how he was using an ad hom, cuz I ain't seeing it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
01-03-2013, 04:28 PM
(01-03-2013 04:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 04:12 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Read the post exchange again. It more closely resembles your example of an Ad Hominem than your example of an insult.

He was basically telling Clyde he shouldn't listen to my counter argument(to clydes argument) because I am incapable of being correct. I admit I often mis-use "Ad Hominem" and I am sure you can correctly call me out on it somewhere....but not here. This is clear cut case of it.

Nope, you wrong. He never stated that you were wrong because you were an OBTUSE FUCKING MORON. He said you were wrong AND you were a fucking moron. He's implying a correlation, not a causation.

That's OK A2. He can't defend or reason his crapola, and it's a convenient and oft used delection tool theists often use, instead of attempting to defend their nonsense.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Your fail argument is just that, a failure. Quit whining, moaning, and bitching. If you understood evolution you would know divergence is extremely common and that convergence is much less common. Bucky has cleared up this misunderstanding on your part multiple times and you fail to read what hes telling you, all you see is him calling you an idiot. Which is precisely why he is calling you an idiot. You time and time again show that you are incapable of learning.

Your entire argument stems from ignorance. This is why we asked what your level of education in biology was.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

01-03-2013, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 04:37 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(01-03-2013 04:26 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 04:23 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You don't know what an ad hominem attack is. He was clearly trying to invalidate my argument by attacking me. The fact that he also tried to invalidate my argument by other means is irrelavent.

No he wasn't. You can moan and bitch all you want but he wasn't invalidating your argument by insulting you. He stated you were wrong, and the proceeded to insult you. He never said your argument was wrong because your a moron or any other thing.

Bucky starts his response by saying, "He has no clue what he's taking about, and is incapable of learning." He implys that it would not be possible for me to be correct and therefore Clyde should not listen to me. The fact that he makes a second argument is irrelavent. An ad hominem attack doesn't magically go away simply because you make a second argument.

Anyways I'm not going to waste my time arguing about Buckys argumentive fallacies with you.
01-03-2013, 04:36 PM
(01-03-2013 04:34 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 04:26 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  No he wasn't. You can moan and bitch all you want but he wasn't invalidating your argument by insulting you. He stated you were wrong, and the proceeded to insult you. He never said your argument was wrong because your a moron or any other thing.

Bucky starts his response by saying, "He has no clue what he's taking about, and is incapable of learning." He implys that it would not be possible for me to be correct.
Anyways I'm not going to waste my time arguing about Buckys argumentive fallacies with you.

Is it him implying, or you projecting the implication?

Son, you already are wasting your time presenting and posting what you have so far.

01-03-2013, 04:39 PM
(01-03-2013 04:36 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 04:34 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Bucky starts his response by saying, "He has no clue what he's taking about, and is incapable of learning." He implys that it would not be possible for me to be correct.

Is it him implying, or you projecting the implication?

Son, you already are wasting your time presenting and posting what you have so far.
I edited that last post so you may want to revist it. Anyways I have to go.
01-03-2013, 04:44 PM
(01-03-2013 04:39 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 04:36 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Is it him implying, or you projecting the implication?

I edited that last post so you may want to revist it. Anyways I have to go.

No. You quote mimed his post. He proceeded to tell him why he shouldn't listen. He wasn't implying that you were incapable of learning, therefore your argument is false. There was no
Causation implied. Only a correlation. That is not an Ad Hom.

01-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Come on guys. He's not paranoid; he's trolling.

He baited this thread, and people fell for it and started arguing. He's losing, but he knew he would since it's just a troll thread anyway, so now his new tactic is to fall back to guilt - we are "attacking" him (ad hominem or not) but he forgives us for it. What a great guy, forgiving us.

It's all part of the troll.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
01-03-2013, 05:05 PM
You guys are being a bunch of douchbags. Stop lying. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post