What do Richard Dawkins and the Intelligent Design movement have in common?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-03-2013, 03:16 AM
RE: What do Richard Dawkins and the Intelligent Design movement have in common?
(12-03-2013 03:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-03-2013 02:25 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Even using your definition...that you cherry picked to make your point(thats what many claimed I was going to do), you can still find plenty of example of humans using this process to create, discovery and manufacture.

Cherry-picked what?

Evolution is a natural process - humans aren't 'using' it.

Maybe you are talking about just biological evolution. There is more than just biological evolution you know.
How come sometimes your name is yellow and sometimes its purple?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 05:24 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-03-2013 03:05 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for the litany of insults you direct at me.
There are people on this forum I always make it point to try to respond to them. I don't always respond to them but I do try. You're not on that list. I thought you had potential but for now I have given up on you. I'm going to put you on my ignore list so that I don't have to keep forgiving you.

[Image: 25601327.jpg]

Actually the first person you need to forgive is your mom, for not using better birth control... Drinking Beverage

Big fucking whoop, I already assumed that I was on your ignore list. You hadn't bothered to respond to anything for the last few days across multiple thread, so no change there. If all you're going to do is close yourself off from criticism, why not leave the forums? As much as I disagree with you, and SleazyJesus, and Egor, and whatever sock-puppet Blasphemous is using; I'd never put you on the ignore list. That's seems both cowardly and intellectually flaccid. So there will now be a string of rebuttals you'll never respond to, which will make your arguments look all the weaker because of it (not that you needed any help there to begin with).

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-03-2013, 07:26 AM
(12-03-2013 03:16 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Maybe you are talking about just biological evolution.
You don't say. Have you already forgotten what this topic is about?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
12-03-2013, 07:30 PM
(12-03-2013 03:16 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Maybe you are talking about just biological evolution.

When we say evolution, we assume it to mean biological evolution. We don't use the term evolution in place of 'change over time' in other fields to prevent confusion, didn't you get the memo?

If you must use evolution, be more specific instead of assuming we know what your talking about. Using precise language is a must to get your point across.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

12-03-2013, 08:38 PM
What do Richard Dawkins and the Intelligent Design movement have in common?
(12-03-2013 07:30 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  

When we say evolution, we assume it to mean biological evolution. We don't use the term evolution in place of 'change over time' in other fields to prevent confusion, didn't you get the memo?

If you must use evolution, be more specific instead of assuming we know what your talking about. Using precise language is a must to get your point across.

If it helps, when I think of intelligent agents (humans) using what they have learned about evolution to direct outcomes in certain species development, I tend to use the word "breeding". Is that what you're talking about, HJ?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
12-03-2013, 11:56 PM
(12-03-2013 07:30 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  

Heylook Yahwehblowsme assumes quite a lot.
Maybe he also believes people have some kind of telepathy and we should be able to read his mind and just know what he's talking about. He also seems to think species can see into the future to see how they're supposed to evolve.

He's trying to convince everyone that all the marbles in the bin are white in this thread, as well. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-03-2013, 11:19 PM
(12-03-2013 11:56 PM)kim Wrote:  He's trying to convince everyone that all the marbles in the bin are white in this thread, as well. Drinking Beverage

I never claimed that just because you draw white marbles out of a bin it means all the marbles in the bin are white. I claimed that the more white marbles you draw from the bin which are white while not drawing a marble of another color, the more likely it becomes that all the marbles in the bin are white. It could be that thru happenstance the last marble you draw is black...outliers happen.

Kim, people would find you more credible if you were actually truthful.
15-03-2013, 11:22 PM
(12-03-2013 08:38 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(12-03-2013 07:30 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  When we say evolution, we assume it to mean biological evolution. We don't use the term evolution in place of 'change over time' in other fields to prevent confusion, didn't you get the memo?

If it helps, when I think of intelligent agents (humans) using what they have learned about evolution to direct outcomes in certain species development, I tend to use the word "breeding". Is that what you're talking about, HJ?

If I desire to be around light colored moths, is it breeding if I plant light colored trees?
15-03-2013, 11:46 PM
(15-03-2013 11:19 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(12-03-2013 11:56 PM)kim Wrote:  He's trying to convince everyone that all the marbles in the bin are white in this thread, as well. Drinking Beverage

I never claimed that just because you draw white marbles out of a bin it means all the marbles in the bin are white. I claimed that the more white marbles you draw from the bin which are white while not drawing a marble of another color, the more likely it becomes that all the marbles in the bin are white. It could be that thru happenstance the last marble you draw is black...outliers happen.

Kim, people would find you more credible if you were actually truthful.

I stated nothing untrue; if one marble were any other color than white, then all the marbles in the bin would not be white. You've not managed to convince anyone otherwise. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-03-2013, 11:57 PM
(15-03-2013 11:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If I desire to be around light colored moths, is it breeding if I plant light colored trees?

Is there something about "blind to the future" that you don't get or is it that you just don't like it?