What do Richard Dawkins and the Intelligent Design movement have in common?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-02-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: What do Richard Dawkins and the Intelligent Design movement have in common?
(28-02-2013 09:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 09:34 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Uncommon way? I see guides all over the place. My pinball machine has rails which "guide" the ball. Today a funnel guided oil into my cars engine. I could go on forever.

Idiot. Someone, (not a god) obviously MADE your "guides", or functionally designed TOOLS, I repeat human tools. There is a world of difference between that and and the way, with no evidence, YOU are using the word, in this instance. You are equating tools with the environment. Fail. If you can't see the difference, go take English 101, (when you do Biology 101).
No need to start calling people names.
Would you agree with the statement. "Evolution is guided by selective pressure"

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 10:10 PM
(28-02-2013 10:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Would you agree with the statement. "Evolution is guided by selective pressure"

I will answer your questions when you stop ignoring mine.

(28-02-2013 09:27 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  How much education do you have in the field of biology?
(28-02-2013 10:02 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  Then provide evidence in support of your view. Also stop deflecting the question, what is your level of education in biology?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

28-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Heywood, what is your biology education?

Middle school?
High school?
College intro?
University level?
Graduate level?

I also want you to define evolution as it was taught to you. Not your theory of evolution, I want to know the theory of evolution you were taught. Sum it up in 100 words or less.

This is not to denigrate your education or position, but simply to see where you stand so we can tell if your not understanding this is due to lack of education, miseducation, or dishonesty.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
28-02-2013, 10:18 PM
(28-02-2013 10:02 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  [Evolution isn't a book that makes claims without giving supporting evidence.

The same is true for your claim that evolution explains the diversity of life without the need of an intelligent creator(which is an unproven assertion). Nobody has ever shown an evolutionary system could originate without an intellect so your claim that it must have is without any supporting evidence.

28-02-2013, 10:27 PM
(28-02-2013 10:18 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 10:02 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  [Evolution isn't a book that makes claims without giving supporting evidence.

The same is true for your claim that evolution explains the diversity of life without the need of an intelligent creator(which is an unproven assertion). Nobody has ever shown an evolutionary system could originate without an intellect so your claim that it must have is without any supporting evidence.

Thanks for indirectly answering my question.

Answer - No educational background in biology.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

28-02-2013, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 10:56 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-02-2013 10:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 09:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Idiot. Someone, (not a god) obviously MADE your "guides", or functionally designed TOOLS, I repeat human tools. There is a world of difference between that and and the way, with no evidence, YOU are using the word, in this instance. You are equating tools with the environment. Fail. If you can't see the difference, go take English 101, (when you do Biology 101).
No need to start calling people names.
Would you agree with the statement. "Evolution is guided by selective pressure"

No. "One of the reasons evolution occurs is because selective pressure happens". Your intentional use of the word "guide" for your prejudicial purpose is obvious and objectionable.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
28-02-2013, 10:32 PM
(28-02-2013 10:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 09:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Typical. Don't count on it. Arrogant theist, here to convert the masses for Jebus. Ho hum. Where do they get these people ? Next. (Maybe we can schedule theists each 15 min or so, as they stop by to "save" us ?)
I expect to challenge your world veiw...not convert you.

Don't waste your time. I have an education, and it's all been tried before, by FAR FAR better minds than yours. You actually think we have been sitting here just waiting for you to show up, to start thinking about anything ? Who in the fuck do you actually think you are ? Son of Egor ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-02-2013, 10:42 PM
I was going to say something, but after seeing all of the responses, I have nothing to add. My job has been done for me, good work gentlemen.

[Image: nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg]

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-02-2013, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 10:51 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(28-02-2013 10:12 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Heywood, what is your biology education?

Middle school?
High school?
College intro?
University level?
Graduate level?

I also want you to define evolution as it was taught to you. Not your theory of evolution, I want to know the theory of evolution you were taught. Sum it up in 100 words or less.

This is not to denigrate your education or position, but simply to see where you stand so we can tell if your not understanding this is due to lack of education, miseducation, or dishonesty.

I don't want to get into my background because it is a red herring.

Evolution is a process whereby small changes in the heritiable
characteristics of a population accumulate thru a selective filter over successive
generations. The accumulation of these changes ultimately result in significant increase in one or more of the following: complexity, diversity, and knowledge.

Did I pass? Am I worthy enough to discuss evolution with all you super smartie pant atheists?

Now it is your turn Phaedrus, in your own words please tell us what heritiable characteristics are, as it was taught to you, in 100 words or so.

28-02-2013, 10:52 PM
(28-02-2013 10:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 10:12 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Heywood, what is your biology education?

Middle school?
High school?
College intro?
University level?
Graduate level?

I don't want to get into my background because it is a red herring.

Evolution is a process whereby small changes in the heritiable
characteristics of a population accumulate thru a selective filter over successive
generations. The accumulation of these changes ultimately result in significant increase in one or more of the following: complexity, diversity, and knowledge.

Did I pass? Am I worthy enough to discuss evolution with all you super smartie pant atheists?

Now it is your turn Phaedrus, in your own words please tell us what heritiable characteristics are, as it was taught to you, in 100 words or so.
It isn't a red herring because an understanding beyond just definitions of concepts may help explain how there is a large difference in how people can view the term "guide" in different ways in the sense of evolution.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post