What do conservatives fear?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2017, 03:54 AM
RE: What do conservatives fear?
(01-03-2017 07:07 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Put that money into health, and perhaps some into supporting start up businesses, or perhaps into medical research or innovation.

Stevil,

For the past 8 yrs I have been witnessing fear from American conservatives - fear of publicly funded healthcare (ACA in particular). Admittedly, not all conservatives, but enough to add that fear to the list.

There is a similar vibe here in the UK, as the NHS comes under attack from the right wing media, on an almost a daily basis, and the Tory government quietly cuts health services by underfunding.

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
06-03-2017, 05:56 AM
(02-03-2017 03:54 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  There is a similar vibe here in the UK, as the NHS comes under attack from the right wing media, on an almost a daily basis, and the Tory government quietly cuts health services by underfunding.

D.

Sorry, but you can't just blame the Conservatives for the NHS. It was the Labour Party who slowly started to privatise it. You also mention that our NHS comes under attack from "right-wing" media on a daily basis, could you provide some examples?

The NHS is funded enough for the time being, at least until the population grows more, but it needs to be managed a lot better - that much we can agree on.
06-03-2017, 01:34 PM
Ants in the sugar? Muscular atropy?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
06-03-2017, 03:29 PM
The conservatives are fearful, but I am not a conservative, I am a reactionary. For me there is no fear, there is only hatred of evil, hatred of everything that modern culture stands for.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2017, 04:42 PM
(06-03-2017 05:56 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  The NHS is funded enough for the time being, at least until the population grows more......

Lucipurr,

I think you have expressed the conservative position very clearly, but what do you fear?

D.
06-03-2017, 04:46 PM
(06-03-2017 03:29 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  For me there is no fear, there is only hatred of evil, hatred of everything that modern culture stands for.

Well, move to Pleasantville then. Or back under the bridge you came from. The one where your kind is usually hiding to jump unsuspecting discussion boards.
06-03-2017, 05:19 PM
What do conservatives fear?
There are only two things in the world that scare me and one is nuclear war.
06-03-2017, 05:32 PM
(06-03-2017 05:19 PM)KUSA Wrote:  There are only two things in the world that scare me and one is nuclear war.

Ya know it just dawned on me I have to care about that now. I lived my whole life inside the vaporize range of a 2nd target site (first target are the missile silos 2nd is military installments 3rd is population centers) so if Nuclear war would ever happen I would be dead before I knew it. Instant annihilation, nothing to worry about. Now however I am in a site that is probably outside an area where it would be nice and quick.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-03-2017, 05:36 PM
(06-03-2017 05:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 05:19 PM)KUSA Wrote:  There are only two things in the world that scare me and one is nuclear war.

Ya know it just dawned on me I have to care about that now. I lived my whole life inside the vaporize range of a 2nd target site (first target are the missile silos 2nd is military installments 3rd is population centers) so if Nuclear war would ever happen I would be dead before I knew it. Instant annihilation, nothing to worry about. Now however I am in a site that is probably outside an area where it would be nice and quick.

Holy crap, me too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-03-2017, 06:08 PM
(06-03-2017 03:29 PM)fschmidt Wrote:  The conservatives are fearful, but I am not a conservative, I am a reactionary. For me there is no fear, there is only hatred of evil, hatred of everything that modern culture stands for.

I'm guessing this modern dance piece isn't quite your cup of tea then? Big Grin Chase

Goodevil

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post