What do we know?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
20-10-2013, 01:42 PM
What do we know?
Hello.

What do the majority of Atheists really know about evolution? How many people here have actually read Origin of Species? All the Atheists I've met are hilariously misinformed, and only propagate that belief in an effort to suppress Creationism (although Creationism is... well.. pretty stupid). But being a Thinking Atheist requires thinking. So have you really, really evaluated all the options? Even the ridiculous ones? Haters need not reply.

A challenge,
The_Thinking_Theist
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2013, 02:04 PM
RE: What do we know?
Most people here have read darwin and likely a dozen other evolution related science text, which like darwins works alows you to book mark a page and go test the claims yourself.

also most of us have read more of the bible than most theist, extensive bible reading is the leading cause of Atheism.
atheism was never mean to suppress creationism, but due to the almost state sponsored push to put humans in dinosaur saddles, we have a duty of care to our american friends to expose the creationist anti science agenda. ( bury science so no one can question the bible's accuracy)

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
20-10-2013, 02:09 PM
I've read a fair amount on evolution, enough to have a basic understanding. Not origin of species though - tried it but couldn't get into it, maybe I'll try it again, I was only a teenager the last time.

Statements like 'all the atheists I've met are hilariously misinformed' imply that you yourself have a good understanding of evolution. Do you ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Origin was pretty dry, I managed to finish it, but I preferred The Greatest Show on Earth. I would say that all over the world, too few people truly comprehend the basics of evolution.

I'm still looking for a thunderstone so I can evolve into a raichu. Otherwise I'm going to have to leave careful notes for my future million generations of descendants to help guide them toward the perfect form.
[+] 5 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
20-10-2013, 02:19 PM
What do we know?
It was reading Darwin and finally reading the Bible all the way through that began my deconversion.
[+] 2 users Like onedream's post
20-10-2013, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2013 03:19 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Have you ever seriously "evaluated" that there is a 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto ?
Atheism in no way rests on accepting, or not accepting, the Theory of Evolution.
One does not get to cook up an "oh god did it because I don't get how it could have happened". The default would be "We don't know", (if we didn't know). In fact we do know. The Theory of Evolution today, in 2013, in NO WAY rests, any longer on anything Darwin wrote, or said. It has been validated by countless scientists, and there is no serious objection to it, by any scientist, that has not been debunked. There is no evidence for any gods.
There is more actual serious "evidence" that the Salem Mass. witches really WERE witches, than there is for Jebus' resurrection.

And speaking of "ridiculous" options, do you include in that, the 70th son of the Babylonian chief god, (El Elohim), whose name was Yahweh, the god of the armies, which was the one, the Hebrews in Canaan picked to be their god, so he would assist in their expansionary land efforts ? That god is way down the list of "ridiculous".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Summary of responses so far...

Yes.

What did you expect? Maybe:

No, I haven't researched any evidence that supports the stance I take. I simply make assertions to uphold my desire to eat babies?

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
20-10-2013, 02:35 PM
(20-10-2013 02:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  No, I haven't researched any evidence that supports the stance I take. I simply make assertions to uphold my desire to eat babies?

I like to think that we're a *little* more subtle than that... I mean, it'd be a shame to waste all that fake science we've so painstakingly put together to fool honest Christians.

But yeah, baby time Smile I got leftovers from lunch.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-10-2013, 02:38 PM
(20-10-2013 02:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  No, I haven't researched any evidence that supports the stance I take. I simply make assertions to uphold my desire to eat babies?

Drinking Beverage

Damn it DLJ , no baby back ribs for you next satanpalooza,

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
20-10-2013, 02:47 PM
(20-10-2013 02:38 PM)sporehux Wrote:  

Drinking Beverage

Damn it DLJ , no baby back ribs for you next satanpalooza,

No sweat. I prefer breast meat.

Drooling

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post