What do we know?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
20-10-2013, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2013 07:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: What do we know?
(20-10-2013 07:00 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Does that mean that we're God?

Yes. What the fuck you think I mean when I say I am my own personal Jesus? I ain't being metaphorical, I'm being literal. I am my own personal Lord and Savior and that is the message of The Word. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-10-2013, 07:12 PM
(20-10-2013 07:00 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  ...
Does that mean that we're God?

BINGO!

Nailed it!

That took much less time than I expected.

20-10-2013, 07:13 PM
(20-10-2013 07:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 07:00 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Does that mean that we're God?

Yes. What the fuck you think I mean when I say I am my own personal Jesus. I ain't being metaphorical, I'm being literal. I am my own personal Lord and Savior and that is the message of The Word. Tongue

*girlyhug*

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
20-10-2013, 07:13 PM
(20-10-2013 07:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 07:00 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Well, we're getting off topic again, but in a good way (for me lol). I use theist in the broader sense, I'm spiritual not religious. I believe that God made the Big Bang and all natural wonders we discover using the Scientific Method. The more amazing things our scientists discover, the more I realize the power and glory of God. I know that my feeble earthly powers of observation cannot comprehend God, but can realize Him. I'm saying him, but God doesn't really have a gender IMHO. The old saying is that "The Buddha is in the shit-stirring stick". The same applies here. This begs the question, if Buddha (God) is in that stick, in you, in me, and in everything, is that another way of saying that nothing is sacred? Does that mean that we're God? That my friends, is the Mystery.

So basically you are just saying you are in awe of nature?

You're getting there. I'm in awe of nature, but I am firmly rooted in the belief of an eternal, transcendental spirit (named God), who is omnipresent, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent. Both sentiments are core to my belief system.
20-10-2013, 07:31 PM
(20-10-2013 07:13 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  You're getting there. I'm in awe of nature, but I am firmly rooted in the belief of an eternal, transcendental spirit (named God), who is omnipresent, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent. Both sentiments are core to my belief system.

What a dull name, that. Why God? Why not Chester? Chester's a cool name.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
20-10-2013, 07:32 PM
I just watched post #21 : Izzard:

So Charles Darwin wrote a book, it was called " Your fucking Monkey, Mate"
LMAO !!!Weeping

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
20-10-2013, 07:35 PM
(20-10-2013 07:13 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  You're getting there. I'm in awe of nature, but I am firmly rooted in the belief of an eternal, transcendental spirit (named God), who is omnipresent, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent. Both sentiments are core to my belief system.
I could find omnipresent and omnipotent plausible if I were so inclined (I'm not), but, given the obvious indifference displayed by the universe toward all forms of life, omnibenevolence is right out.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
20-10-2013, 07:38 PM

So that's nice... I guess its possible that "God" created the universe and laid down the laws of physics... But why believe that? The other possible answers are out there to be considered.

Its also possible that Jesus existed. However incredible the feat; existence may still be possible for a similar being matching the description of Jesus... Somewhere in the cosmic ocean. (Please feel free to replace the bold words with any fictional character from any book)

So... Which holy book do you follow, if any?

If none: Why not be agnostic about the origins of the universe?
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
20-10-2013, 07:38 PM
What do we know?
Who here beliefs in gravity?
Who here has read Newton?
20-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Re: RE: What do we know?
(20-10-2013 07:38 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  Who here beliefs in gravity?
Who here has read Newton?

I do not; his understanding of gravity, even ours to this day, is still flawed. It's true nature is still mysterious.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson