What do we know?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
21-10-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: What do we know?
(21-10-2013 03:36 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Whoa, large thread. This wasn't really an invitation to debate, it's a talk about if you've read Darwin and stuff, and you know what you talk about. Kinda like a poll. Not "Re: Debate some random Theist who agrees with everything we believe in politically and scientifically"

Quote:Hello.

What do the majority of Atheists really know about evolution? How many people here have actually read Origin of Species? All the Atheists I've met are hilariously misinformed, and only propagate that belief in an effort to suppress Creationism (although Creationism is... well.. pretty stupid). But being a Thinking Atheist requires thinking. So have you really, really evaluated all the options? Even the ridiculous ones? Haters need not reply.

A challenge,
The_Thinking_Theist

Really? 'Cause you make cheapthrillseaker think it is a challenge to a debate. Then again, I think think you're just winging it now that you got your ass handed to you on several occasions. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2013, 04:05 PM
(21-10-2013 04:02 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 03:36 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Whoa, large thread. This wasn't really an invitation to debate, it's a talk about if you've read Darwin and stuff, and you know what you talk about. Kinda like a poll. Not "Re: Debate some random Theist who agrees with everything we believe in politically and scientifically"

Quote:Hello.

What do the majority of Atheists really know about evolution? How many people here have actually read Origin of Species? All the Atheists I've met are hilariously misinformed, and only propagate that belief in an effort to suppress Creationism (although Creationism is... well.. pretty stupid). But being a Thinking Atheist requires thinking. So have you really, really evaluated all the options? Even the ridiculous ones? Haters need not reply.

A challenge,
The_Thinking_Theist

Really? 'Cause you make cheapthrillseaker think it is a challenge to a debate. Then again, I think think you're just winging it now that you got your ass handed to you on several occasions. Drinking Beverage

I thought I changed that "A challenge" line. Well, that explains a lot!

NO DEBATES HERE!!!!
NEVER WANTED ONE!!!!
NEVER REALLY GOT A CONVINCING ONE!!!!
CHALLENGE ME IN ANOTHER VENUE!!!!
21-10-2013, 04:05 PM
In regards to the OP, I've read quite a bit on the subject...Darwin is a bit dated in the digital age but the revised version of 'The Selfish Gene' is a pretty damn comprehensive and detailed text on the subject.

I also mess with evolution sims just for shits and giggles.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
21-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Dear God page 15 and 90% Not about my original post!
21-10-2013, 04:07 PM
(21-10-2013 04:05 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  In regards to the OP, I've read quite a bit on the subject...Darwin is a bit dated in the digital age but the revised version of 'The Selfish Gene' is a pretty damn comprehensive and detailed text on the subject.

I really got interested in evolution when I read Freud for the first time.

I love that guy!
21-10-2013, 04:12 PM
(20-10-2013 01:42 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Hello.

A challenge,
The_Thinking_Theist

I think this is silly. I don't need to be challenged on reading anything. Wanna know why? Because I ain't making the claim that a god or gods exists, without a scientific explanation. Also, what do you mean "Even the ridiculous ones"? Are you implying that Christianity is less silly than Gurbuk living on planet 6552, who is ruling the universe?

[Image: 9f6.gif]
(21-10-2013 03:59 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Well, thanks for you reply and politeness my friend!

I'm not a nice guy Wink I do try but... being the scurvy heathen that I am...

Well, anyway, you caught me in a good mood, and it seems like you're OK yourself, so ja, I'll notify Girly that I'm extending my initial guess by two weeks for how long you'll last here. (Girly's running the pool).

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
(21-10-2013 04:07 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 04:05 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  In regards to the OP, I've read quite a bit on the subject...Darwin is a bit dated in the digital age but the revised version of 'The Selfish Gene' is a pretty damn comprehensive and detailed text on the subject.

I love that guy!

I've not read Freud's work directly (but I did take psych 101)...anyway if you are interested in evolution and psychology read Desmond Morris' 'The Naked Ape.' He pretends man is a new species and attempts to explain his behavior and origins as a zoologist would a newly discovered species. Still controversial, lots of speculation and a little dated but IMO very insightful and certainly interesting to ponder.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-10-2013, 04:14 PM
(21-10-2013 04:07 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  

I love that guy!

Freud is another interesting guy. But much like Newton's alchemy most of his methods and hypotheses have been disproven. He did however start the ball rolling.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-10-2013, 04:19 PM

So what are you expecting here? People submitting bibliographies?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man