What do we know?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
20-10-2013, 05:45 PM
RE: What do we know?
(20-10-2013 05:37 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Sorry to harp on it... but.... "sich" is not a word in the English vernacular.

Perhaps you want to start a thread that offers to correct all them heathen grammar mistakes?

Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
I thunk I messed up my grammar. I'm voting my self off this island, where claiming you have read said book means nothing unless you think its a Darwin scam. and embrace the comfort of ray instead.
That is what the OP is trying to postulate.
If we haven't read it then we are blind faith.
If we have read it then we don't understand it.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post

Ok? Now let's get back on topic Big Grin
20-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Wow! O.K. Let me make this as simple as I can for you: Your original question was:
What do the majority of Atheists really know about evolution? My response was, and I am paraphrasing (Look it up) basically: None of us know everything about anything. Hence the Stephen Hawkins, Edgar Rice Burroughs references. How far do you need me to slow down for you to follow this?
20-10-2013, 05:54 PM
(20-10-2013 05:34 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Anyone want to answer my original question?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hello.

What do the majority of Atheists really know about evolution? How many people here have actually read Origin of Species? All the Atheists I've met are hilariously misinformed, and only propagate that belief in an effort to suppress Creationism (although Creationism is... well.. pretty stupid). But being a Thinking Atheist requires thinking. So have you really, really evaluated all the options? Even the ridiculous ones? Haters need not reply.

A challenge,
The_Thinking_Theist ~~~~~~~

Yes, I have read origin of the species. I have studied biology. I have seen and touched evidence of our evolution. We are a species still in transition. I have studied sociology and anthropology. I have studied also abiogensis. I have a degree in psychology.

Here is an interesting fact, I didn't become atheist just because of evolution. There are plenty of Christian types who do believe in evolution and there are atheists who actually don't.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
We haven't left the topic. I think maybe we need to simplify things for you Didn't use a period there! SHIT!
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
(20-10-2013 05:34 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Anyone want to answer my original question?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hello.

What do the majority of Atheists really know about evolution? How many people here have actually read Origin of Species? All the Atheists I've met are hilariously misinformed, and only propagate that belief in an effort to suppress Creationism (although Creationism is... well.. pretty stupid). But being a Thinking Atheist requires thinking. So have you really, really evaluated all the options? Even the ridiculous ones? Haters need not reply.

A challenge,

Hello....
1. How exactly have you determined what the majority of atheists know or don't know ?
2. Why is the question worth discussing ?

(It's not our fault you (have admitted) you seem to attract and hang around only dumb people.

3. What "options" are you suggesting merit consideration ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-10-2013, 05:56 PM
(20-10-2013 05:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hello.

A challenge,

Yes, I have read origin of the species. I have studied biology. I have seen and touched evidence of our evolution. We are a species still in transition. I have studied sociology and anthropology. I have studied also abiogensis. I have a degree in psychology.

Here is an interesting fact, I didn't become atheist just because of evolution. There are plenty of Christian types who do believe in evolution and there are atheists who actually don't.

Damn it Mom!! Kick his asss!!! Sorry for the mispelluing! Durn it!
20-10-2013, 06:03 PM
(20-10-2013 05:45 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Ok? Now let's get back on topic Big Grin

Oh yes, so, what is your belief system?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Whew! That's a lot of response!

I can say this.

I believe in God. Nature's God. Science's God. Everyone's God. Not the same God as the Christians. I am a liberal. I believe in Evolution. People did not come from monkeys; they have a common ancestor. I am not a troll, just want friendly discussion. I like correct grammar. But this thread isn't about me, it's about you.

Read: "haters need not reply"