20-10-2013, 06:26 PM
RE: What do we know?
Won't even break a sweat.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2013, 06:27 PM
I found Origin to be boring as well.

You, Bucky, have no idea. No idea about what kind of experiences I've had with God and life, so you can kindly remain silent on that point. I have, after a long while, found a serenity that you can find too. You are a blind man to me, and we've all got to die, so I suggest you take your time and think a lot. I came here for people who share my sentiments, and although I'm right, they don't know I share theirs.
[+] 1 user Likes The_Thinking_Theist's post
20-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Oh! Come on! Give a country boy a chance!
20-10-2013, 06:29 PM
(20-10-2013 06:17 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I haven't spent too much time wondering, studying, racking my brain about the idea that Aliens mated with chickens and here we are! Any alien/chicken believers out there? Well. But then . . . Hell! I'm dumb as a box of rocks!

Don't bother with that one. I got that covered. I took a call for that one yesterday. I had a cancellation and I penciled it in for Tuesday. Monday we're doing the one about the teapot orbiting the sun.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Thin a lot?? Reallly??
20-10-2013, 06:32 PM
(20-10-2013 06:30 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Thin a lot?? Reallly??

Who's a troll now?

Sad

*reports ameron*
20-10-2013, 06:33 PM
(20-10-2013 06:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 06:17 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I haven't spent too much time wondering, studying, racking my brain about the idea that Aliens mated with chickens and here we are! Any alien/chicken believers out there? Well. But then . . . Hell! I'm dumb as a box of rocks!

Don't bother with that one. I got that covered. I took a call for that one yesterday. I had a cancellation and I penciled it in for Tuesday. Monday we're doing the one about the teapot orbiting the sun.

You fucking idiot! The teapot thing is a proven fact! Google it! Whatever it was . . . I kind of forgot
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
20-10-2013, 06:33 PM
(20-10-2013 01:42 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  What do the majority of Atheists really know about evolution?

I don't know, go ask them. And it's not necessarily relevant unless one became an atheist after learning about it. People can be atheists for any number of reasons, and it's unreasonable to expect atheists to have advanced knowledge of evolution just because they're atheists. At any rate, it doesn't take much. All you need to see is a fossil, and for most people on Earth that invalidates huge sections of their holy books.

Quote:How many people here have actually read Origin of Species?

That isn't considered vital literature in the modern world. Darwin's understanding of evolution was primitive, and many people have examined, tested, and confirmed the theory in far more exhaustive ways. It is historically important, but not necessary for one to understand evolution.

Quote:All the Atheists I've met are hilariously misinformed, and only propagate that belief in an effort to suppress Creationism (although Creationism is... well.. pretty stupid).

Unfortunately, that is a feature of humanity in general. Most people either think we were poofed into existence or evolved from monkeys.

Quote:But being a Thinking Atheist requires thinking. So have you really, really evaluated all the options? Even the ridiculous ones?

There isn't much thinking needed. There's basically a choice between "the world works the way it seems to" or "everything we know is wrong" / we're in the Matrix. Drop a stone and it falls to the ground. Try it again and again and the same thing happens every time. We've never seen a rock fall up, for example, so theories claiming that rocks fall up sometimes (magic exists) just don't have any merit. That's why people are becoming atheists.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
20-10-2013, 06:35 PM
(20-10-2013 06:33 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 01:42 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  What do the majority of Atheists really know about evolution?

I don't know, go ask them. And it's not necessarily relevant unless one became an atheist after learning about it. People can be atheists for any number of reasons, and it's unreasonable to expect atheists to have advanced knowledge of evolution just because they're atheists. At any rate, it doesn't take much. All you need to see is a fossil, and for most people on Earth that invalidates huge sections of their holy books.

Quote:How many people here have actually read Origin of Species?

That isn't considered vital literature in the modern world. Darwin's understanding of evolution was primitive, and many people have examined, tested, and confirmed the theory in far more exhaustive ways. It is historically important, but not necessary for one to understand evolution.

Quote:All the Atheists I've met are hilariously misinformed, and only propagate that belief in an effort to suppress Creationism (although Creationism is... well.. pretty stupid).

Unfortunately, that is a feature of humanity in general. Most people either think we were poofed into existence or evolved from monkeys.

Quote:But being a Thinking Atheist requires thinking. So have you really, really evaluated all the options? Even the ridiculous ones?

There isn't much thinking needed. There's basically a choice between "the world works the way it seems to" or "everything we know is wrong" / we're in the Matrix. Drop a stone and it falls to the ground. Try it again and again and the same thing happens every time. We've never seen a rock fall up, for example, so theories claiming that rocks fall up sometimes (magic exists) just don't have any merit. That's why people are becoming atheists.

FINALLY!!!
A post I expected!
Like for you Big Grin
20-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Well this has taken a turn for the "I saw that coming." You don't get to dictate who posts what and how, TheThinkingTheist. Posturing on this thread prolly won't gain you brownie points either.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]