What do we know?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
20-10-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: What do we know?
Shit! I got reported! What do I do now? Are the FED's coming to knock down my door???
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2013, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2013 06:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-10-2013 06:27 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I found Origin to be boring as well.

You, Bucky, have no idea. No idea about what kind of experiences I've had with God and life, so you can kindly remain silent on that point. I have, after a long while, found a serenity that you can find too. You are a blind man to me, and we've all got to die, so I suggest you take your time and think a lot. I came here for people who share my sentiments, and although I'm right, they don't know I share theirs.

But I do, and we are well aware there are all sorts of woo-woo believers out there. We get a lot here. Each one is just SO sure you have it right, and you're so special. Science has proven all those experiences are the products of your brain chemistry, ONLY. What you name them, or how you fantasize about them is irrelevant. Your "serenity" is irrelevant. That can be reproduced by chemicals, and many other methods of beta-endorphin releases, and Oxytocin release. (Attempted) "proof by assertion" is irrelevant, and accomplishes nothing. If I need any advice, I'll be sure and ask. There is no mechanism for post-mortem preservation of consciousness. Your serenity will evaporate when your brain ceases to function, just like it has for every organism which has ever existed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Id have to say you are an interesting word weasel troll.
You say you believe in evolution but claim we are not descendent from monkey's, yet anyone with half a brain would equate protohuman/ape/monkey as a generalized monkey.
But from your absurd gramma policing. I guess everything has to be semantically accurate or it is. "IGNORACE"
So your chest puffing I'm so smart posturing is really quite sad. , even sadder is that you have claimed an evolution belief but kept the jealous god of war as your invisible friend.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
20-10-2013, 06:49 PM
(20-10-2013 06:45 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Id have to say you are an interesting word weasel troll.
You say you believe in evolution but claim we are not descendent from monkey's, yet anyone with half a brain would equate protohuman/ape/monkey as a generalized monkey.
But from your absurd gramma policing. I guess everything has to be semantically accurate or it is. "IGNORACE"
So your chest puffing I'm so smart posturing is really quite sad. , even sadder is that you have claimed an evolution belief but kept the jealous god of war as your invisible friend.

He doesn't believe in the Christian god. He believes that god is everybody and everything. I don't mind hearing more about that, but the "chest puffing" is annoying.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-10-2013, 06:51 PM
(20-10-2013 06:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  He doesn't believe in the Christian god. He believes that god is everybody and everything. I don't mind hearing more about that, but the "chest puffing" is annoying.

I wonder if that includes the made up Christian god. Can an everything god also encompass all the made up belief systems including its own self?

Oh shit, getting really close to dividing by zero. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
20-10-2013, 06:53 PM
(20-10-2013 06:45 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Id have to say you are an interesting word weasel troll.

Now I have to clean my laptop...spit tea all over it...damn you! Wink

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
20-10-2013, 06:54 PM
(20-10-2013 06:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Now I have to clean my laptop...spit tea all over it...damn you! Wink

Just divide by zero and it should go back to normal. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
20-10-2013, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2013 07:04 PM by The_Thinking_Theist.)
Well, we're getting off topic again, but in a good way (for me lol). I use theist in the broader sense, I'm spiritual not religious. I believe that God made the Big Bang and all natural wonders we discover using the Scientific Method. The more amazing things our scientists discover, the more I realize the power and glory of God. I know that my feeble earthly powers of observation cannot comprehend God, but can realize Him. I'm saying him, but God doesn't really have a gender IMHO. The old saying is that "The Buddha is in the shit-stirring stick". The same applies here. This begs the question, if Buddha (God) is in that stick, in you, in me, and in everything, is that another way of saying that nothing is sacred? Does that mean that we're God? And yet I know that God is his own being, transcendent of everything of the Multiverse. That my friends, is the Mystery.
20-10-2013, 07:01 PM
(20-10-2013 06:13 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  ...
People did not come from monkeys;

Tsk! Tsk!

And you accused others of not reading the previous replies.

We did come from monkeys. Go back to post #21, do not pass GO!, do not... etc.

Sleepy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-10-2013, 07:02 PM
(20-10-2013 07:00 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Well, we're getting off topic again, but in a good way (for me lol). I use theist in the broader sense, I'm spiritual not religious. I believe that God made the Big Bang and all natural wonders we discover using the Scientific Method. The more amazing things our scientists discover, the more I realize the power and glory of God. I know that my feeble earthly powers of observation cannot comprehend God, but can realize Him. I'm saying him, but God doesn't really have a gender IMHO. The old saying is that "The Buddha is in the shit-stirring stick". The same applies here. This begs the question, if Buddha (God) is in that stick, in you, in me, and in everything, is that another way of saying that nothing is sacred? Does that mean that we're God? That my friends, is the Mystery.

So basically you are just saying you are in awe of nature?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man