What do you do for a living?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
RE: What do you do for a living?
Apparently computer experts are dominant here. Could there be any connection between IT and atheism?

I also studied programming in high school, and I can say it really does help developing logical thinking. I even considered a career in programming, but I never understood how backtracking worked, so I opted for translation instead. I've been working in the field for about a year and I'm already starting to get bored. Now I am considering psychology as my next career option.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2010, 11:28 AM

Full time psychology student at a university in Iceland, though i will probably just finish that degree and then mover over to the physics department.
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2010, 01:11 PM

Im a janitor/pimp. I'd like to eventually join the air force to fly battle ships and kill Viet Kong.
11-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Wow, I must admit I am feeling a little inferior to all you educated people! LOL
I am a student of life, aka, a farmer. Not the typical kind though. I have a farm, and we grow crops, but my main income is livestock. I breed rats (yes, you read that right...rats) for the reptile industry. (I also breed snakes, but thats more of a hobby).
I've been a construction worker for most of my life, but I have a beautiful piece of nature, so it was a natural progression to eventually work at home full time.

Ambulatory habitation detritus.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
11-03-2010, 02:29 PM

I had a roommate once who bread and kept all kinds of reptiles. There were reptiles all over the house and the garage was packed full of full rat cages. I liked it, it was kinda awesome.
11-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Full time student. High school doesn't have majors.

I feel like a child now......

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
11-03-2010, 11:03 PM

I am a program coordinator for a project with 800+ volunteers. As a volunteer I teach conflict/anger mangement for adults and I facilitate restorative justice circles, mediation, community group conferences for 10-17 year old first offenders of shoplifting, petty thefts and other misdemeanors.
12-03-2010, 12:05 AM

I trade index futures and foreign currency, out of my house, for myself. BTW gamers make excellent traders.
12-03-2010, 06:50 AM
(12-03-2010 12:05 AM)martinb59 Wrote:  BTW gamers make excellent traders.

Of course we do. Gamers are good at everything.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2010, 11:29 AM
(11-03-2010 02:18 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I am a student of life

Everyone is a student for life, at least everyone wise enough to admit that they can never know everything! No need to feel inferior at all!

I'm currently a student at Trent University studying English Literature. I also like to take courses in Philosophy and Politics. Work wise I'm also a DJ for the campus radio and I'm looking for summer employment since the year is winding to a close.