What do you do for a living?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-05-2014, 11:59 AM
RE: What do you do for a living?
Like Girly, I codez me up some softwarez. Yes

I am a software architect and currently V.P. of Engineering for a software company.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-05-2014, 12:08 PM
I am retired, but then I said that before. Lasts until something new tickles my fancy...I am an entrepreneur, I start, build and sell businesses.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
23-05-2014, 12:12 PM
(23-05-2014 11:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 11:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I analyze, write, and redline contracts for a multi-billion dollar fabrication industry.

The government? Consider

Nah. Just a regular old industry.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-05-2014, 12:14 PM
I'm retired now, but was a A master auto tech, engine machinist, custom motorcycle/car builder for 40 years, minus the few years I spent as a Security Police (SP) in the USAF.

I've had my share of filler jobs (not professions) when I was riding across the country in the 70s-80s, such as dish washer,bouncer, pimp, pump jockey, heavy equipment operator, tile layer, carpenter and ditch digger, to name a few. Short lived gigs that put food in my mouth and gas in the bike.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 5 users Like War Horse's post
23-05-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm a teacher of English. My first year. Soon to be unemployed. Couldn't be happier about leaving that shitty place.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 5 users Like undergroundp's post
23-05-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm a costume designer but also work with interior designers in the city of Portland to create fancy-schmancy custom window treatments and bedding for really rich people. Many are Nike executives who are constantly changing their house interiors.

Before that I was a ballet dancer. Still take classes though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
23-05-2014, 12:49 PM
[Image: nbyopi.jpg]

Navy, 28 years down, 2 to go until retirement, then I will get a real job Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 9 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
23-05-2014, 01:04 PM
(23-05-2014 10:30 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I'm an artist.

Oooooooh. Neat. What kind of art do you do?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-05-2014, 01:09 PM
I don't do anything anymore. In my youth, I worked every job I could find -- I was a ranch hand, I started horses for rich men's daughters, I wrangled dudes [guided trail rides for tourists in the South Dakota Black Hills] and I worked for a custom rifle builder and I still build my own rifles. Then, I went to college and law school and became a trial lawyer. [I also did time in the Army interspersed with college and law school. I was an Infantry Officer and got my hon. discharge as a captain.] I did trial work for 40 years and then, two years ago when I was 65, I retired.

I loved my time as a trial lawyer but the best job of all was guiding trail rides in the Black Hills. We'd take a group of city people out, most of whom were afraid of horses, and we'd see all kinds of wildlife, including bison, elk, bighorn sheep, etc. They loved it so much we'd have to beg them to give the horse back to us at the end of the day. Smile [I still have horses and I ride the Colorado Rockies every day.]
[+] 5 users Like Black Eagle's post
23-05-2014, 01:14 PM
(23-05-2014 01:09 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I don't do anything anymore. In my youth, I worked every job I could find -- I was a ranch hand, I started horses for rich men's daughters, I wrangled dudes [guided trail rides for tourists in the South Dakota Black Hills] and I worked for a custom rifle builder and I still build my own rifles. Then, I went to college and law school and became a trial lawyer. [I also did time in the Army interspersed with college and law school. I was an Infantry Officer and got my hon. discharge as a captain.] I did trial work for 40 years and then, two years ago when I was 65, I retired.

I loved my time as a trial lawyer but the best job of all was guiding trail rides in the Black Hills. We'd take a group of city people out, most of whom were afraid of horses, and we'd see all kinds of wildlife, including bison, elk, bighorn sheep, etc. They loved it so much we'd have to beg them to give the horse back to us at the end of the day. Smile [I still have horses and I ride the Colorado Rockies every day.]

wow, you have had an interesting and full life so far, very inspiring Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)