What do you do for a living?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-05-2014, 05:09 PM
RE: What do you do for a living?
(23-05-2014 11:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Like Girly, I codez me up some softwarez. Yes

Do you haz teh codez? Yez wez teh codez. Big Grin

.NET (C#), Android (Java) and SQLServer mainly for me. (I'm a badass relational database designer 'cause I grok Fifth Normal Form in my gut.) Now I'm studying Ruby on Rails 'cause I want to be one of the cool kids developing web apps.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-05-2014, 05:14 PM
I do housekeeping at a nursing home.
[+] 3 users Like Bailey's post
23-05-2014, 05:29 PM
(23-05-2014 05:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 11:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Like Girly, I codez me up some softwarez. Yes

Do you haz teh codez? Yez wez teh codez. Big Grin

.NET (C#), Android (Java) and SQLServer mainly for me. (I'm a badass relational database designer 'cause I grok Fifth Normal Form in my gut.) Now I'm studying Ruby on Rails 'cause I want to be one of the cool kids developing web apps.

Yeah - C# .NET and C for pInvoke/interop because, y'know, operating system.

I'm not SQL knowledgable, and the cool kids think I'm a nerd. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-05-2014, 05:33 PM
(23-05-2014 12:49 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  [Image: nbyopi.jpg]

Navy, 28 years down, 2 to go until retirement, then I will get a real job Drooling

I was in about 5 years before you joined. Just out of curiosity what religious affiliation is indicated on your dog tags. When they asked me I told them I was an atheist. Dude didn't even bat an eye and just said "We don't have the stamp for that one. How 'bout NO PREF." "Even better." I said. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-05-2014, 05:34 PM
I do bookkeeping and office manager stuff for small businesses.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-05-2014, 05:38 PM
I wank for Jebus.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2014, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2014 06:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-05-2014 05:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not SQL knowledgable, and the cool kids think I'm a nerd. Facepalm

You could pick up relational database theory in a couple of days. It's just basic logic but E.F.Codd just might've invented/discovered/formalized the most practical use of logic since George Boole. SQL is just syntax. Thumbsup

And study Ruby on Rails old man so we can develop web apps together using github and heroku. Only problem I see we gonna have is we get to the point where we say "Okay. We can do this. We know how to do this. Now what we gonna do?" "I got no fuckin' clue." I do have a stable of cool kids at my disposal to blue sky and brainstorm and steal ideas from. Big Grin

(23-05-2014 05:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I wank for Jebus.

Thankyou very much Fullerene for the compliment but that's kinda creepy. I can wank for myself. Big Grin

23-05-2014, 06:26 PM
(23-05-2014 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 12:49 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  [Image: nbyopi.jpg]

Navy, 28 years down, 2 to go until retirement, then I will get a real job Drooling

I was in about 5 years before you joined. Just out of curiosity what religious affiliation is indicated on your dog tags. When they asked me I told them I was an atheist. Dude didn't even bat an eye and just said "We don't have the stamp for that one. How 'bout NO PREF." "Even better." I said. Big Grin

Funny thing was when I went through bootcamp, the dog tag machine was broken, and I never got any issued to me. On my paperwork it said agnostic. Now it says Atheist Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
23-05-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm a professional food taster. Everything my mother makes for dinner I taste and eat and judge lol.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
23-05-2014, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2014 07:17 PM by DLJ.)
(23-05-2014 11:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 11:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I analyze, write, and redline contracts for a multi-billion dollar fabrication industry.

The government? Consider

Nah! He writes for Ray Comfort.

Angel

(23-05-2014 06:43 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I'm a professional food taster. Everything my mother makes for dinner I taste and eat and judge lol.

And she pays you for that? Thumbsup

(23-05-2014 05:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  ...
Yeah - C# .NET and C for pInvoke/interop because, y'know, operating system.

That's just gobbledygook