What do you do on the Sabbath?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2015, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2015 08:21 PM by Free Thought.)
RE: What do you do on the Sabbath?
(05-11-2015 08:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 08:03 PM)smeli Wrote:  If you asked fundamentalists what they think atheists do on Sundays I bet some of them would say we spend the day worshipping satan.

What? Shocking You don't??? Gasp

Somebody's getting a black stamp on their Atheist card.

In accordance with standard procedure, to atone for this sin against our dark Lord, Smeli will have to provide a sacrifice of a baby goat and a toddler to be bled upon the Altar.

Be there any dissension to this ruling?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2015, 08:24 PM
(05-11-2015 08:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 08:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  What? Shocking You don't??? Gasp

In accordance with standard procedure, to atone for this sin against our dark Lord, Smeli will have to provide a sacrifice of a baby goat and a toddler to be bled upon the Altar.

Aye. It seems like such a waste of a goat and toddler. Couldn't we just do something to his voice box?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
05-11-2015, 08:27 PM
(05-11-2015 08:24 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 08:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Somebody's getting a black stamp on their Atheist card.

Aye. It seems like such a waste of a goat and toddler. Couldn't we just do something to his voice box?

Do something to his voice box?! We're not monsters, you know!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-11-2015, 11:10 PM
(05-11-2015 08:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 08:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  What? Shocking You don't??? Gasp

That's going by the book. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-11-2015, 12:17 AM
(05-11-2015 11:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 08:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Somebody's getting a black stamp on their Atheist card.

That's going by the book. Thumbsup

You mean the book we don't have, right? Because we said that the Christees must never find out about it. So it's lucky we don't have it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
08-11-2015, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 07:45 PM by Anjele.)
Decisions, decisions....Consider

What to do...

1.Clean the litter boxes?
2.Clean the parrots' cages?
3.Unload the dishwasher?
4.Get supper in the crockpot?
5.Do more organizing of photos and closet cleaning?
6.Other miscellaneous cleaning?
7.Go to church and listen to an hour or so of fairy tales, threats of hell, and pleas for money?

Consider

How bad is it that I would rather spend the whole day working on 1 thru 6? Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-11-2015, 07:27 PM
(08-11-2015 08:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Decisions, decisions....Consider

What to do...

2.Clean the parrots cages?
3.Unload the dishwasher?
7.Go to church and listen to an hour or so of fairy tales, threats of hell, and pleas for money?

Consider

How bad is it that I would rather spend the whole day working on 1 thru 6? Tongue

Besides your grey, what other birds do you have? In addition to my own grey, I also have a little green cheek conure. She's a monster!
08-11-2015, 07:44 PM
(08-11-2015 07:27 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 08:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Decisions, decisions....Consider

What to do...

2.Clean the parrots cages?
3.Unload the dishwasher?

Consider

Besides your grey, what other birds do you have? In addition to my own grey, I also have a little green cheek conure. She's a monster!

Mine is also green, but is a Quaker.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-11-2015, 12:19 AM
(05-11-2015 08:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 08:03 PM)smeli Wrote:  If you asked fundamentalists what they think atheists do on Sundays I bet some of them would say we spend the day worshipping satan.

What? Shocking You don't??? Gasp

Not that I'll admit, but when I told my parents a week ago I was going up to visit them this coming weekend, and my mom (who doesn't know I'm an atheist) said, "Bring your church clothes," I will admit to having fantasies of going to their church and, in a moment of silence, standing up and yelling, "Praise Satan! Praise the almighty Lucifer!" This would likely be followed by a half-assed attempt to speak in tongues which would be interrupted by my own fits of laughter.

As it turns out I have to stay home and work this weekend, so maybe I'll find a local church this Sunday where I can spread Satan's word. Or at least poke my head in during a service and loudly ask, "Do you guys actually believe this shit?" Why did that never happen when I was dragged to church as a kid? It would have made the morning a lot more interesting.
13-11-2015, 12:33 AM
I start the day by taking a dump. Beats church and results in the same thing.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!